• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Colormanager 2.8 2.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This tool originates from here

A neat Warcraft III color codes tool for Windows XP.
Contents

Colormanager 2.8 (Binary)

Reviews
TriggerHappy: We don't need any more colorizer and markup tools at the moment. I'll mark this as rejected temporary so people can still download it if they please.
Level 4
For the last time, this tool has been tested and validated by Darky himself in the virus check. There are no viruses! It's developed on a Mac then ported to PC and as you might know, there are no viruses for Mac. Anyway, to those little kiddies whining that there is a virus in this;
It's your anti-virus check program which SAYS there is a virus but even thu there are none! Got it??

But however, you kiddies don't have to use this really great tool which gives you capabilities to do texts such as thisone in about 15 sec. Your own choice, even thu you choose not to use this, there will still be no viruses in this one. Thx for me and ColorPro is a fake copy of Color Manager.

Level 2
I am amazed that someone could be so stupid to convert the original MAC version to XP. The fact that it is in version 2.7 now does not change the fact that it has (YES IT DOES) a trojan virus. Scanning with norton only made it worse and using AVG told me it was accessing a back door. As I had discovered there was indeed a virus on the zip file I proceeded to deleting it, unfortunately trying to do so restared my computer and I could no longer use the start bar, not even through then windows key. In conclusion, I have found a virus and (NO IT IS NOT FROM ANYTHING ELSE) I must stress that people do not DL this!

Level 4
I am amazed that someone could be so stupid to convert the original MAC version to XP. The fact that it is in version 2.7 now does not change the fact that it has (YES IT DOES) a trojan virus. Scanning with norton only made it worse and using AVG told me it was accessing a back door. As I had discovered there was indeed a virus on the zip file I proceeded to deleting it, unfortunately trying to do so restared my computer and I could no longer use the start bar, not even through then windows key. In conclusion, I have found a virus and (NO IT IS NOT FROM ANYTHING ELSE) I must stress that people do not DL this!

So, then explain to me why some get a virus while the most don't? So, for the last time:

It's NOT this application that causes the virus, CM2 has been virustested by Darky28 himself and does not contain any virus. It's written by my brother and written on a Mac. And as you might know, there are no virus for Mac. Now, plz look up what sites you're entering and what files you're opening, however you do not have to be afraid of a virus within this tool since there are none.

Level 2
My 2 cents:

-I am running Windows XP Pro, SP 2.
-I downloaded Colormanager 2.8.zip
-I scaned Colormanager 2.8.zip for viruses (using McAfee with the most recent virus defs). McAfee detected no viruses.
-I extracted the program folder from Colormanager 2.8.zip.
-I scanned the folder with McAfee. No viruses.
-I ran the CM exe file. Program ran fine, then I quit.
-I attemped to Shift+Del both the zip file and the program folder, but I was informed that the files were write protected.
-I marked both files for deletion using moveonboot, a utility that deletes/move/copies files after you boot your computer, but before windows is loaded.
-I rebooted my computer. After logging in, the files were both gone. My taskbar was fine.

From this I gather that there are no viruses in the "Colormanager 2.8.zip" file, but the files somehow become flagged as write-protected. My guess as to why people are getting virus reports is that your anti-virus software is running some sort of thing-a-majig where it attempts to scan a file for virus-like behaivor. (I think norton has a feature like this, meaning when you scan a file if it does something suspicious then it is marked as a virus.)

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the software, its pretty well done!

Level 3
FINALLY!
Ifiguredouthowtoworkthis!

EDIT1:
It was a little confusing at first, but then I went to Version History and looked at the first version's summary and it had instructions. I suggest you put them in an easier-to-find spot. :wink: Anyways, THIS THING IS AWESOME, lol... 5/5 even though rating was removed :(

EDIT2:
I have a question, how do you get it rainbow(y) though? Like on the 2.8 Update Post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Hi,
It dint work on my comp for some reason, maybe it dint download everything, either way i doubt theres a virus in it... sounds good, so GJ Chaos Hunter...
4/5
:D

Level 3
.... i have to virus detectors and it traced it to this file,,, stop trying to hack ppl chaos

EDIT1:
IT IS A DAM VIRUS!!!

Antivirus: bitdefender
Detected as soon as it downloaded! Screw you chaoz. I am 100% sure you are a liar and you placed a virus inside!

EDIT2:
yup its a virus the asshole is trying to hack ppl:pird::pird::thumbs_down::wthumbsdown::cmad::cexc:

EDIT3:
..... i used norton on it and windows defender on it it said a hacktool was detected but,,, after i deleted it... no viruses explain please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:nemad::nemad::nemad::thumbs_down::wthumbsdown::pird:

EDIT4:
i think its not a virus,, but if this alien ware breaks im screwed,,,,, im only 13 and only had this for half a year!!!:witch_doc_sad:(probly less)HOPEFULLY the maker of this isnt an asshole and diddnt put a virus on it because i will f&cki#g go insane if there is!!!!!!!

EDIT5:
.... Iam Sry for all the rude comments,, but it seems there is no virus on this,, for all the ppl's comps crashing theres one solution= Your computer is crappy and you need a new one iam sry chaos-hunter

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 4
is this a programm to make ur name colorfull on B.net? i saw one player on B.net with a blue name... and evryhting he said was blue! :O

Level 5
So I got some new infos for you:
If you're using BitDefender, Ikarus, Panda, Rising, Symantec or VBA32 you will detect a virus.
But the other programs don't detect anything.
So 6/35 programs detect a virus (17.15%)
So it's up to you whether to dl or not to dl it.

The program uses javascript or some such language, so it tries to run the application to handle such through your computer THUS your antivirus ASSUMES it is a virus because of how it works.

IT IS NOT A VIRUS, NOT INFECTED WITH ONE, NOR IS THERE ANY SORT OF VIRUS-LIKE MATERIAL IN THIS PROGRAM, NO HACKBOTS, NO TROJANS, NOTHING, IT IS A FALSE POSITIVE!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Editors like WEU and JNGP are classed as viruses due to the way they work (false positives). They are actually harmless and not a threat to your computer.

Remember that some viruses on your PC can infect downloaded files randomly with itself so maybe your PC infected your download.

However, for this tool I recomend reporting it to hakeem who was a tool moderator last time I checked.