• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Colormanager 2.8 2.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This tool originates from here

A neat Warcraft III color codes tool for Windows XP.
Contents

Colormanager 2.8 (Binary)

Reviews
TriggerHappy: We don't need any more colorizer and markup tools at the moment. I'll mark this as rejected temporary so people can still download it if they please.

M

TriggerHappy:
We don't need any more colorizer and markup tools at the moment.
I'll mark this as rejected temporary so people can still download it if they please.

Level 3
:? Nope Colormanager gives no one virus, it could maybe be something that happened under the same time. Or any combination with colormanager and your system... But o it is not colormanager itself, cause you are th only one go got that virus. I have itself on my computer and there is 0 virus on it. :roll:
--------
Added 2004-06-28:
Darky is slow, is he gone? Shall I send CM2 till Oz02?

Level 1
Hmm, I am using AVG 6.0 (Free) and it comes up with a trojan horse also. It claims that the entire file is a "BackDoor.Punctes.A" virus. I know that this file isn't one so its probably just AVG. :?:

Level 3
True austalia01, the file is no virus, nothing on this site has any virus. Is AVG a virus detector? Well it is proboably AVG that has wrong... Maybe Colormanager 2 will be better in this way too ;)
-----
Next verson (which will be up as soon as Darky gets some time to upload it) will include colorpalettes, custom colors which you will be avaible to save, and use another time, even if you have quitted the app. Also added the ability to mark a text and colorcode just it, this can be done multipile times in the same text. Added the extreamly good ability to fade text. You just enter the amount of RGB colors in the first and last letter in a marked text. Then choose an optimazion. (No optimization will just color the text so you can see the result before adding it in to your map). Otherwise it will add all the code needed for each letter (including space's).
Note: You can only fade one time per text document!

First time you start Colormanager 2 you will be asked to open a file. Open the included Colorcodes (you can open any file, but expect the app to quit after a critical error, or otherwise it won't happening anything, anyway it is no use to try.) Press cancel to not open any colorcodes.
If you cant open the included colorcodes read the "Check this out" file which contains help topics for issues like that one. (But it won't be any troubles :p)
Have fun and create nice colored maps 8) :D :wink:

Level 4
Not this app. As you can see, on older post, some people have complained about trojan horses within the package. But as we can see, nor there was it this application. Don't complain before you acually knows.

Edit: Next version is in progress, I dunno what new features the next version will include, you'll have to ask Chaos-Hunter…

Level 2
I know of 15 peoble who have gotten a trojan called (by Sophos) troj/PurScan-F after having downloaded this program! Peoble, take one of the other colormanagers!

Level 3
Okay guys, I am developing a new version, and I will make the .zip file and everything else on my MAC, as I did with the very first version of Colormanager. And my MAC has no viruses! No 0 nada zero!
The new version is finished very soon, but it will take a while before it will be up anyway, but thats not my fault. :!:

EDIT:
I've just finished Colormanager 2.5!!! And I have sen't it to Darky28. I have made the zip file on my MAC now, so no viruses will proboably show up!

A lot of new features is made, here is a list:
4. Version 2.5
One more huge upgrade:
Version 2.5 includes the Advance Transmission control, which lets you have up to three more text areas for being avaible to develop a conversation at once without this copy and pase step between every dialouge. You can do all the CM2 features in all the fields, just be sure to fucus it first so Colormanager 2 know where you whant something to be happening. Also a good update is that it automaticly loads the colorcodes if it is putted in the same folder as the application and is named "colorcodes" or "Colorcodes".
Colormanager also has the prefrences panel, were you will be avaible to make some changes under the topics of "Basic, Fade and Text & Font" preferences. Colormanager 2.5's most inportant prefrences is under the "Fade" tab. It is the "Fade jumps" that is so important cause Warcraft III can only display a limited number of text, and the colorcodes is included! This means long fades can't be displayed. Therefor the fadejumps will simply jump over some of the letters....
Also, I've added two more fade-effects, Dark-Glow and Light-Glow.

5. Version 2.5 fixes and updates:
1. Added the Advance Transmission control.
2. Added a randomize button in the Fade control.
3. Added ability to save transmissions as textfiles.
4. Colormanager 2 loads the colorcodes automaticly now!
5. Fixed the bug that made the app crach when the cancel button was pressed when saving the colors.
6. It is now possible to minimize the window so it takes minimal space on the screen.
7. Added the prefrences panel!
8. More other garphical updates.
9. Added Dark-Glow to fade effects!
10. Added Lightglow to fade effects!
11. AND much more ;)
Have fun :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Eh? Hard to understand right? It is NOT CM2 which gives you trojan horses, how come it's made on a virus free mac? And how come it doesn't give everyone trojan horses? And how come Darky28 uploaded it in first case if it had an trojan horse in it?

Just understand plz, it is NOT ColorManager 2 which gives you virus.
Ok?

Level 3
Ehm I must say that why the virus that u say u get is still ther is because it is still version 2.0.
BUT Because it never gets updated here, (cus of Darky has his exame now), I've developed a new fresh wonderful colormanager site!
the address is www.colormanager.tk

Edit:
well now it looks good on PC too, but not on IE, and I can't do anything about IE:s problems. It sux so much so, well try enter the site with IE, its kinda fun ;-)

Level 5
Im sorry, but i found a virus and i have AVG. its really good and i dont think computer programs lie. so either the virus needs to removed or this file has to removed until it is fixed. whoever put this in there is a stupid crazy idiot. they need to be booted off the site this is serious. someone contact darky or a moderator. cuz now im pissed. :evil:

Level 11
Actually, I do believe that the errors reported are true, altough I have not seen a virus. I have tested this, and it does indeed cause massive errors on any MS operating system. My current theory is that this was simply a crappy remake of the Mac version, which would explain the massive errors. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE!!!

Edit: Okay, I have been doing research on this file.
It does in fact contain a trojan horse virus. The Virus's name is ipfax.exe and seems to be very complex. It has several subroutines that hide is from searches. It is also write protected, making deletion impossible. My best efforts have led only to the containment of the virus. If you happen to download this file, I can help with the removal. The file itself is write protected, and without it Ipfax.exe cannot function. I believe that the color manager is simply an assistant for the virus.
Once again:
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE! IT IS A VIRUS AND WILL HARM YOUR COMPUTER!

Level 1
thx for warning for the virus dudes... i would have downloaded it if i havent watched the comments :!:

Level 13
omg guys stop talking nonsense. The file was checked for viruses with several av-progs, e.g. with my current updated Norton AV 2004 (whats obviously the most effective prog for AV-issues). The file was uploaded by Darky so you don't need to PM him for that. I just re-downloaded it to check it, there was nothing like a virus or trojan in it. Probably your comps got infected another way and the virus just infected colormanager.

Level 2
yea im just a little nervous. i d/l the file and i tested to see if i could delete it, and i couldnt. And i dont care if the virus shows up right away, i scanned it right after, it may be a trojan horse which would suck cause ive kept my computer virus free for almost a year now. i wouldnt recommend people to d/l this until the file is completely fixed. Just the fact that i cant delete it is bad enough and i dont want to use it.

Level 11
There it is, yet another reason to NEVER EVER download this. It's write protected and cannot be taken off your computer through normal proceedures.
This only occurs with:
1:Integral system files that the deletion of could permanently and quite seriously harm your computer.
2:Spyware often uses write protection to ensure that it can continue its duty, spying on you.
3:Viruses are almost always write protected so that they cannot be destroyed.
Not to mention that the computer that spawned this program wasnt qualified to do so. A MAC op system is in no way the same as windows, and as the file was made FOR windows but ON a mac, it would obviously be of low quality or inferior operational proceedure.
Also, anyone with half a brain knows that norton antivirus is the biggest crock of shit virus protection program ever made. It can detect and track even contian viruses, but it cannot delete them. So essentially its just an assistant to the user.

Level 3
YOU PEOPLE ON ABOUT A VIRUS ARE NUTZ!!!

There is no spyware/adware or virus/trojan in this file!

I tried 3 different virus detection software programs that I know work, they all cost money, and there was no problem on my computer, the Start Menu is fine, no Adult sites added to my Favs and, no software on my Program menus except what I put there.
Get a real job, like net/sys admin, and learn to know what you are talking about before you post spam. If YOU don't know how to stay away from BAD sites then DON'T blame people here for YOUR problems!!!
AND IT DELETED FINE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 5
I never found a virus or anything like that and I was able to deleat the file just fine. This program is fine people. But hey, you don't trust me, don't download it.

Level 3
Here's the story:
In version 2.0 (now it is 2.7) I created the .zip file on my PC which was a mistake. It made it looks like a virus and it got write protected or whatever. Now I created it on my MAC and everything is fine. So the virus rumor is history! 8)

UpdetedwithBB-Codeoptimizationsoyoucandothis!^^

Level 8
<font color=#ff05f9>H</font><font color=#ff0bf3>O</font><font color=#ff10ee>L</font><font color=#ff16e8>Y</font><font color=#ff1be3> </font><font color=#ff21dd>C</font><font color=#ff26d8>R</font><font color=#ff2cd2>A</font><font color=#ff31cd>P</font><font color=#ff37c7> </font><font color=#ff3cc2>T</font><font color=#ff42bc>H</font><font color=#ff48b6>I</font><font color=#ff4db1>S</font><font color=#ff53ab> </font><font color=#ff58a6>I</font><font color=#ff5ea0>S</font><font color=#ff639b> </font><font color=#ff6995> </font><font color=#ff6e90>B</font><font color=#ff748a>E</font><font color=#ff7985>T</font><font color=#ff7f7f>T</font><font color=#ff8579>E</font><font color=#ff8a74>R</font><font color=#ff906e> </font><font color=#ff9569>T</font><font color=#ff9b63>H</font><font color=#ffa05e>E</font><font color=#ffa658>N</font><font color=#ffab53> </font><font color=#ffb14d>C</font><font color=#ffb648>H</font><font color=#ffbc42>A</font><font color=#ffc23c>O</font><font color=#ffc737>S</font><font color=#ffcd31> </font><font color=#ffd22c>S</font><font color=#ffd826>P</font><font color=#ffdd21>E</font><font color=#ffe31b>C</font><font color=#ffe816>S</font><font color=#ffee10>T</font><font color=#fff30b>R</font><font color=#fff905>U</font><font color=#fffe00>M</font><font color=#ff4></font><font color=#ffa></font><font color=#fff0></font>

Edit: this is a cool text i made wit this <font color=#00ffff> O(^_^)O</font>

Level 1
When I extracted the zip file avg popped up telling me it was a trojan. and after trying to open it my computer restarted. I believe you that its not a virus and other people seem to be using it fine I'm running xp with the service pack 2 so maybe theres an error there. plz look into this as it looks like a really good program. better than color template which is what im using now :)

Level 3
NewColormanagerVersionisfinished ,nowwearejustwaitingforDarkytouploadit...
Version2.8fixesandupdates:
-Added Multicolor Fade with special effects.
-Added unlimited number of custom saved colors in one file.
-Added Optimization for HTML code and the Wc3-Editor.*
-Added "Add Code" Button.**
-Added Hotnews Button.
-Loading (the splash-screen) works up to two times faster!
-The custom colors is located to the right.
-Added Zoom Button.
-Fixed the code for HTML, BB-Code, and the Wc3-Editor when fading, were in some cases all colorcode didn't show up.
-Fixed a lot of bugs and annoying stuff!
*The Optimization Was before the "Add code" button. Now it optimizases your text for HTML or the Wc3-Editor. An example: It replazes all "New lines" with "|n" or "</br>"
**Was befor the "Optimize button".

Level 12
Ok enough with the virus shit!!! I found no virus on this file and i use 6 different secure tools that is original and in high trademarks. All i found is an error on the app that bothers ppl the most because different computers have different encoding! So this is clean :lol: 8)

Level 1
Q: Does this have a virus
A: no
Q: Yea but my virus scanner(Only AVG) says i have a virus/trojam/etc.
A: AVG has been noted to be highly sensetive and proven to be rated horrible by major computer resources(magazine, website, etc).

IN CONCLUSION THIS HAS NO VIRUS

Level 1
This file does in fact have a virus attached to the zip file. After testing it and re-testing it I have all the comments to be true. Obliviously it does contain a virus considering after countless comments from people who have scanned the file and detected a virus all say the same thing. Duh it didnt give you a virus on your Mac, that is because the trojan is a Windows executable file and not a Mac based trojan. For all those who say "you are virus crazy," any program that has ANY reports of a virus from ANY number of users should be up for suspecious activity. There shouldnt even be the consideration that any program here has a virus, yet this one does. Do NOT download this file and please Darky remove this from your site. Just scan it with AVG or McAfee or any other virus scanner and you will see the trojan detected.

:!:DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE. IT IS INFECTED BY A TROJAN VIRUS :!:

Level 2
Even when i read all the virus comments... I dled it becuase the ones that say no virus in it... sounded more beleiveable i will have questions later