• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Colorer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: xp3r009
This tool originates from here

Colorer
Description
colorer.png

A simple, full-functioning coloring tool for text.
Development
Colorer was developed with the Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition with the .NET Framework 4.0 but targeted for the .NET Framework 3.5.

The programming language I used is C# and nothing more.

The tags list is XML.
Requirements
Operating System
Colorer requires an operating system compatible with the .NET Framework.. Below are listed the required and recommended versions of the .NET Framework. See the pages for Operating System requirements.

It should generally work on Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 without any problems.
Privileges
I highly recommend you give the application access to:
  • Hard Drive
  • Internet
-
-
For saving settings!
To download the available tags!
Minimum
.NET Framework 3.5 is the only software requirement of Colorer.

The .NET Framework 3.5 requirements are listed in the linked page.
Recommended
Visual C# 2010 Express Edition is the IDE I have used to program Colorer.

The IDE includes a .NET Framework Multi-Targeting pack, which allows compiling, running and debugging applications programmed for any version of .NET Framework.
Features
As the description says, Colorer is a tool for applying color tags to text.

For the best list of features, please look at the Online Help Page. - which is kinda outdated now.

Additionally, as of version 1.1.10, the program will also check for a newer version when updating the tags!
History
1.1.10 of 22 august 2010
- Click on color panel to show the color dialog.
- Version checking mechanism, to warn users about updates! (This was not included in old version!)
- Update button above Tags list to re-download the data, check for new version and redownload the tags.
- Recalculated the distance between the buttons.
- Most buttons now feature images.
Credits and Thanks To
I must credit xp3r009 (Andy Phan) for making me jealous on him and that made me try to make this program.
Remarks
There are gradient colored texts in this page. I've colored them all with my program.
References

Notes
There are so many hyperlinks just to be sure that you (the reader) don't miss anything. I do not want comments like "me needs da xxx dll for run it!!!" or "wat is da .net framework???" or "wat is x and y???" all over the thread!

For Mac and Linux users, I will try to make a Mono Framework version for you! But I don't promise anything, because Mono seems to cost... And I cannot afford anything at the moment.

Keywords:
vercas, colorer, color, codes, tags, text, mark, markup, gradient, colors, warcraft, bbcode, forum, html, span
Contents

Colorer (Binary)

Reviews
11:14, 22nd Aug 2010 TriggerHappy: We do not need anymore color tools, we already have plenty and I don't see this one doing anything special.

M

11:14, 22nd Aug 2010
TriggerHappy:

We do not need anymore color tools, we already have plenty and I don't see this one doing anything special.

Level 21
Please tell me more color tags to add!
I can add them to my website so the program will not require an update!

Please comment and rate.
Post suggestions, etc.

Please read the description and, better, download and try the tool before anything.

Edit:
I've programmed a maintenance console to make my job of updating this easier. It takes a lot less to upload it with FTP functions, instead of browsing for the folders, copying the original, pasting in the hard disk, modifying, finding the folder again, copying, waiting for fucking windows to realize I WANNA UPLOAD and then wait until the laggy dialog appears and then waiting for the upload... O_O

Last edited:
Level 9
I have tested this application and it does work quite well, however I would like to comment some of your progresses and your comments set out:

• One thing about your tool description is though it does appear quite centred, you don't need to create so many links for such trademarks and softwares like Windows Me etc... I'm sure the users will already know what you are talking about anyway.

Though you do mention that you don't want to confuse users about such words, I believe some of them can be removed (I'm sure they are not that confused) to remove some distraction from this section (like the
    operating system).

• Remove your signature on your first post (no need) if you wish, and keep it a bit tidy. I feel that there are a bit too much font sizes when it isn't necessary.

I like this program for its compact use, but pressing on the colourbox to change colour would be useful too :). For now I would call it 4/5, the rest you can develop in this potent program :).

Level 21
Thanks! :grin:

If you've read the help/tooltips, you'll see there's a right click context menu on the panels, but, whatever, I'll add that too.

What else can I do to get a 5/5? xD

How's your Colourizer going? :D

Uh, about the windows links... That's for Mac and Linux users, to make them thirst for Windows!

Edit: I am running an XP Virtual Machine and I can see some interface interface bugs... They aren't only related to the version of Windows... They are related to themes! I need to do some research!

Last edited:
Level 9
You are welcome, and nice reply there.

If you've read the help/tooltips, you'll see there's a right click context menu on the panels, but, whatever, I'll add that too.
Yeap, that appears helpful to newer users.

Uh, about the windows links... That's for Mac and Linux users, to make them thirst for Windows!
Haha, I'm sure you can manage somehow :) Secondly, you can use MonoDevelop to make your applications for other OS'es (of course, they need Mono).

My Colouriser? I am have just started reprogramming the basics, all in C# code and I am not sure what to do with it yet.

For receiving your next rating, that'll be left to your choice. Everything is flawless at the moment from what you have currently implemented in your Colorer and all I can say is it just needs better features I suppose :)

This is a Colorer test, it works very well and should be stable :)