1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Color command trigger

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Royce, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Royce

Royce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I'm new to the forum, and I skipped the introduction threads and came straight to the fun area. I'd just like to say hey, and express my graditude for the map editing community that is still alive even on this dated game.

Anyway, I've been messing with triggers ever since I got TFT a week ago and I haven't found a solution to this one particular thing...

I managed to make a custom color command for players in game with values that you can already select and use (Red, Teal, Yellow, etc.) without any trouble... but I moved on to try and make a trigger that assigns random RGB values when used (i.e. the -wild command in the Polar Escape series) and I just haven't been able to get that to work yet.
    I was wondering if any of you seasoned trigger veterans could offer a solution or offer guidance, any help will be appreciated.

2. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont get exactly what you want...

do you want players to able to change their playercolor in-game??

3. Xelephant

Xelephant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think he wants to tint the players units with a random rgb color.

4. Royce

Royce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I was looking for an in-game command to change a player color to a random color.

5. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, if you would like to assign random rgb values to a player i guess you would have to use JASS (if its even possible with JASS, i dunno).

Try to contact the creator of the "Polar Escape Series", and if you cant find him, try the JASS forum

6. Royce

Royce

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heh, I did find the creator of Polar Escape 5 and I've been talking to him, unfortunately he didn't know... But I will try the JASS forums, thank you. :)