• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cluster Bomb v1.2b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
clusterbombwriting.png

Throws a cluster bomb on targeted point dealing damage. After landing the bomb splits into three shards which deal half the damage. Also grants the vision of the targeted area for a while.
- Has five levels.
- primary bomb deals 100/170/240/310/380 damage.
- damage easily editable in unit editor.
- friendly to people who are new to GUI (well, in my opinion)

triggert.png

v1.0
- made the basics of the spell
v1.1
- fixed weird bug by adding the point variable
v1.2
- remade most of the spell, making it much shorter and added comments, making it more user friendly
- uploaded on the hive

v1.2b
- removed leak

darwin for WE help zone response (casting ability)
maker for WE help zone response (calculating the distance between hero & the target point)

Keywords:
cluster, bomb, dummy, unit, units, gui, user friendly, user, friendly, explosion, aoe, ground, trigger, triggers
Contents

cluster bomb (Map)

Reviews
10th Aug 2011 Bribe: Memory leaks Not MUI Too simple Please ask for help in Triggers & Scripts on how to make your spell MUI and leakless.

M

10th Aug 2011
Bribe:

Memory leaks
Not MUI
Too simple

Please ask for help in Triggers & Scripts on how to make your spell MUI and leakless.

1- Don't use waits
2- You're leaking (Position of Triggering Unit)
3- It's too simple
4- You're repeating stuff like (Triggering Unit) and (Owner of Triggering Unit).
You should store them in variables for efficiency..
5- Owner of Triggering Unit is the same as (Triggering Player)
6- Use 'Expiration Timer' (Timed Life) for removing the units instead of waiting a second and then removing them
7- You're leaking a group (Use
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_NAMEOFGROUP)
to destroy it at the end.
8- You're leaking 'point' (Use Custom script to remove it with the function RemoveLocation):
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
9- You shouldn't be using groups here...

For the waits, you could replace them with periodic triggers.

Uhh your wait in there could possibly cause a leak. How you may ask? Well if a person casts it, it sets the point n all and waits. If a person casts it right after the other person it would set your point to another location before it could be removed, causing a leak.

Your unit groups leak. In my opinion you should only use one dummy for casting, and use the special effects action for special effects.
Oh and your wait leaks. You used a location that you didn't even attempt to destroy.
All in all I'll rate this 1/5. If you make it without such things I have pointed out. I'll give you 3/5 and +Rep.
Also you seem to be using triggering player a lot. You should set it to a variable and use it in place of "owner of cluster_bomb_caster" or "Triggering player"
But if you're too lazy to do that, triggering player is always better that owner of *unit*.

Level 29
use hashtables or indexing system for the wait...

this should be done in a loop...use ForIntegerA or B is fine for this...
you should also create a group when casting then destroy it...
  • Unit - Create 1 secondary...
  • Unit Group - Add LastCreatedUNit...
this should be put also in a multiple action unit group...
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit
  • Unit Group - Remove picked unit...