• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Circular movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am having some problems with circular movement. I need to a unit move in circle, but not on ground, so I can't use Point with Polar Offset. The unit will be swinging from a rope/chain, much like in God of War. Please, post a picture representing CIRCULAR MOTION IN POLAR CO-ORDINATES
Of course, I will +rep any help, as usual

Last edited:

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well, maybe that solution is better than the solar conquest solution which is GUI. However it was brutally simple in solar conquest actually

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Equal to 0
      • (Novacia Orbit <gen> contains (Picked unit)) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • Set Temp_Point2 = (PresetPoints[4] offset by 800.00 towards (0.50 + (Angle from PresetPoints[4] to Temp_Point)) degrees)
      • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Temp_Point2
      • Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to 400.00 at 8000.00
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)
    • Else - Actions
PresetPoints[4] is the planet it orbits, and the 0.50 degree change every 0.1 sec is very slow rotation. 15 or 30 is way faster and should look like a fast spin. Im quite sure you must add and remove crow form ability on the ground unit to make it be able to get his flying height changed by triggers.

I felt like I owed you an answer since you repped me without letting me answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.