1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Choose Map Area

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by TheGM, Jul 31, 2007.

1. TheGM

TheGM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey,

I make now a paintball map. All triggers and units works... but i need something..
    I need a trigger to switch between different areas. Like in Elimination Tournament.
    Maybe someone can help me. :infl_thumbs_up:

Btw sry for my bad english

2. edge[d1]

edge[d1]

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    cuold you be more clear? and always try to divide your problem into subproblems before asking a question...

if you need to to make one region visible and one invisible, there are visibility triggers at the bottom of trigger actions list that can control visibility, fog-of-war and black mask over regions...

to move the camera after that you use "pan camera over x seconds" action (never pan camera as neccessary)

to prevent flying units to leave the regions you can use pathing blockers (invisible doodads, found in doodad palette on blockers page) or boundries.
    if you use boundries, there is a trigger action that will make it invisible.

what else do you need?

3. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can use a random integer function, store that in a variable, and then use a bunch of If Then Elses to run the appropriate trigger.

4. Deathclaw24

Deathclaw24

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This is very simple all you would have to do is make it so when the game starts or whenever u wanna choose the map you lock the camera to an invisible unit for all the players. I'd put the invisible unit in the center of the map and edit the camera to whatever angle id want (zoomed out or w.e)

Then you can have text come up saying "Dark Woods" for example and make whoever the host is (usually player 1) able to press the Right or Left arrow which will lock the camera to another unit in the center of the next map.

This might b confusin and im not good at explaining things so i'll try to show it in triggers:
    --EVENTS--
    Player 1 (HOST) releases right arrow key
    --ACTIONS--
    Set variable (I'll call my variable MAP) to MAP + 1
    If variable MAP is = to 2 then pick every player from all players and lock camera for picked players to the Invisible unit at the 2nd map.
    If variable MAP is = to 3 then pick every player from all players and lock camera for picked players to the Invisible unit at the 3rd map.

You could also make releasing the left arrow set MAP to MAP -1 and lock the camera to the previous map.

Then mabye make it when Player 1 (HOST) releases down arrow key to start the game at that map (unlock camera and spawn ur units or w.e the map is about)

5. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How elimination tourney does it is by restricting the camera bounds to a region, which is the same size (approx) as the arena it represents.

6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    in the begining, have like some unit, your choice to choose one of the "Paintball Areas" so like, if that unit goes to this location (probably be good to have like a circle of power where the location is or somthing) then "PurplePoot: restricting the camera bounds to a region, which is the same size (approx) as the arena it represents" and it will be a decent and not total copy of elimination tourny