• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Choose Map Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,

I make now a paintball map. All triggers and units works... but i need something..
I need a trigger to switch between different areas. Like in Elimination Tournament.
Maybe someone can help me. :infl_thumbs_up:

Btw sry for my bad english

Level 6
I need a trigger to switch between different areas.
cuold you be more clear? and always try to divide your problem into subproblems before asking a question...

if you need to to make one region visible and one invisible, there are visibility triggers at the bottom of trigger actions list that can control visibility, fog-of-war and black mask over regions...

to move the camera after that you use "pan camera over x seconds" action (never pan camera as neccessary)

to prevent flying units to leave the regions you can use pathing blockers (invisible doodads, found in doodad palette on blockers page) or boundries.
if you use boundries, there is a trigger action that will make it invisible.

what else do you need?

Level 6
This is very simple all you would have to do is make it so when the game starts or whenever u wanna choose the map you lock the camera to an invisible unit for all the players. I'd put the invisible unit in the center of the map and edit the camera to whatever angle id want (zoomed out or w.e)

Then you can have text come up saying "Dark Woods" for example and make whoever the host is (usually player 1) able to press the Right or Left arrow which will lock the camera to another unit in the center of the next map.

This might b confusin and im not good at explaining things so i'll try to show it in triggers:
--EVENTS--
Player 1 (HOST) releases right arrow key
--ACTIONS--
Set variable (I'll call my variable MAP) to MAP + 1
If variable MAP is = to 2 then pick every player from all players and lock camera for picked players to the Invisible unit at the 2nd map.
If variable MAP is = to 3 then pick every player from all players and lock camera for picked players to the Invisible unit at the 3rd map.

You could also make releasing the left arrow set MAP to MAP -1 and lock the camera to the previous map.

Then mabye make it when Player 1 (HOST) releases down arrow key to start the game at that map (unlock camera and spawn ur units or w.e the map is about)

in the begining, have like some unit, your choice to choose one of the "Paintball Areas" so like, if that unit goes to this location (probably be good to have like a circle of power where the location is or somthing) then "PurplePoot: restricting the camera bounds to a region, which is the same size (approx) as the arena it represents" and it will be a decent and not total copy of elimination tourny

Status
Not open for further replies.