• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

checking if a unit has finished with an order/if a unit is idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need to find out how to check if a unit is idle or has finished an order you've given it because my friend is making(he's Han Han on the forums, he doesnt seem to want to ask him self, so im doing it for him :p) a map and wants to make the planes move in circles when its idle. So far the only way thats worked is with an ability that makes stealth units go unsteath, units wont auto attack when there like this and you need to take the move in formation thing off for them all to do it when you order a group to move. We've tried many different things but none of them have worked in the way we want. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 12
this is just a guess, but i would say that it doesnt actually have an order

the make things easier, this is what i mean

(Current order of (Whatever unit)) Equal to (Order())

im not sure this works, but you can atleast try :p

Level 2
i think i've found a way to do this, but i'm not sure if it will work, i was thinking that shadow meld could be used as the method of detecting the units idleness, you would have the trigger detect if the unit was under the buff of shadowmeld and have the trigger work off that, and seeing as the planes are never realy supose to be stationary, they wont be stealthed long enough for it to make a massive difference in hitting them. since i dont know to much about triggering, i have to wait for my friend to come online and test it, so if someone could put some input before that, that'd be awsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.