• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Character Select Trigger Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is what im using...
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit enters region 'rouge'
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - kill triggering unit
    • Unit - create 1 rouge for (triggering player) at center of region 'character spawn'
when the character selector runs into the region he dies (which is correct) but the character he chose does not create itself. what am i doing wrong here?

Level 8
This is what im using...
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit enters region 'rouge'
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - kill triggering unit
    • Unit - create 1 rouge for (triggering player) at center of region 'character spawn'
when the character selector runs into the region he dies (which is correct) but the character he chose does not create itself. what am i doing wrong here?

Triggering player makes reference to the player who trigerred the event. In your trigger there isn`t a player, it`s a unit (that is owned by a player, of course) that triggers it.

Try replacing your last action for

• Unit - create 1 rouge for (OwnerOfUnit(triggering unit)) at center of region 'character spawn'

Level 3
Triggering player makes reference to the player who trigerred the event. In your trigger there isn`t a player, it`s a unit (that is owned by a player, of course) that triggers it.

Try replacing your last action for

• Unit - create 1 rouge for (OwnerOfUnit(triggering unit)) at center of region 'character spawn'

it works now :D you are still a genius my friend. I owe you alot of rep. but sadly i cant give it to you because of the Hives limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.