• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing item Max Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, im working on a new map from like 1 month, now when im making the items, i can make only 4 abilities for each item, how can i make more abilities for that item ?

Level 2
Add a spell book ability to your item, this can add up 11 spells to one of the four slots.

While this is useful it only can do so much with certain items types, or items depending on use effect

Example spell book, opens a page on screen to show a list of spells

While having it on a claws of attack you can really only give passive effects.
Plus damage,armour,stats/auras/passive skills crit bash ect

Or do triggers once an unit acquires item add a list of functionality to do whatever you want, add spells, do a scripted event, change xyz ect.

Level 21
you can also shift+click the "Abilities - Abilities" line in the item's stats in object editor and type in the raw codes of the abilities you want to be added

Level 2
you can also shift+click the "Abilities - Abilities" line in the item's stats in object editor and type in the raw codes of the abilities you want to be added
I did that but When i open the map in WC nothing happens the same before and after, only 4 abilities will be added.

Hmm, why is this in Tutorial Submissions? Shouldn't this be in World Editor Help Zone?

By any chance, is this based on the PTR version of wc3? One could directly add abilities to a specific item in the PTR. If not,

the solution above would have been a practical choice. (Not the only possible choice)

Add a spell book ability to your item, this can add up 11 spells to one of the four slots.

The solution above appears to work as intended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.