• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Change Computer Unit's "Assist" range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to lower the range at which a Computer's Units will assist it's other Units, by Assist I mean when one of the Computer's Units is attacked by an Enemy any other Units owned by the Computer in a large range will run to attack the Enemy.

What I have tried so far;
- Reducing/Removing Vision.
- Reducing/Removing Acquisition Range.
- Reducing/Removing "Call for help"
- Adding the Unit Classification "Worker".

I'd like to avoid triggers if possible but if it's what I need to do then so be it.

Essentially what I have is a "Dungeon RPG" setting and whenever the Players attack the Dungeon Monsters owned by Player 24 the entire dungeon comes running to help and it just breaks the whole concept. If anyone knows a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Fukle

Level 2
Thanks for the response.
Sorry, not entirely sure what you mean when you ask why I have multiple players for one enemy.

I tried setting the controller of Player 24 to "NONE" and it didn't remove the behavior, unfortunately.

Level 2
@Devalut Forgot to mention I tried setting the controller to "Neutral" too and no luck.

@Deserted Thanks for the reply, although I removed those awhile back.

@Devalut Oh, I think I get what you meant. Changing the owner of the Computer's Units to Neutral Hostile removed the behavior, I would prefer to have them owned by Player 24 if possible though (I would have to alter a lot of triggers).

Status
Not open for further replies.