• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chains of Fate Map Project (directed by Qaenyin/Drain Pipe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok well now i know your terrain is mostly destructable proof so im just changing some spells to mirror that. My slightly updated version has no spells that destroy destructables except Miranda's which doesn't really pose too much of a problem.

Pretty soon i can start finishing off the reg characters (only we have 3 left and i have to fix Leenus' Serpent's call. I also need to fix MF's ultimate cause it's too laggy. but the rest is good and ready to go.

Level 10
well Melbu;s skill is lagging a lot more than usual and i;m not sure as to why. Perhaps i'll change the skill altogether.

Picture this for his ultimate instead. He charges for up to 10 seconds, then releases a flaming orb that butrns through units before exploding and dealing big damage! His damage would be relative to the charge up time (1 second=10% full power). It would deal maximum 200-300-400-500 line damage and explode dealing 500-700-900-1100 damage maximum in an area of 400.

As for leenus, her serpen't call should be reverted back to simply summoning a few small hydras for combat support. Nothing fancy just 2-3-4-5 300 hp hydras for help in battle. They'd deal 7-12-17-22 damage to units and have a poison attack to boot. That should wrap up hers.

Now for zackwell, i can remmeber that you want him to have an ability to become a shadow, to cast acid onto units, his ultimate which i;ve elaborated on where he summons a deamon which runs in a line, spewing shadow strikes to random units all around and then explodes in the end, dealing 300-400-500-600 damage. I can even set it to chase a unit in the last 3 seconds or so. And is last ability, he can breath a breath which makes units turn into zombies at death.

Now I have fausts ideas so i can finish them when you send me what you've done back (use the site i used to send to you) www.ripway.com

Once i get it back, i'll finish the last two and start on Dragoon forms.

Level 10
nope i decided to remove that concept in order to keep the terrain. The only problem is that we can't use trees anymore. You should have made all the earthly objects invulnerasble, but left the trees destructabl. Of course i didn't chnage it though. I just worked around that. But i'll have to change one skill since her's no longer can gain anything from blasting units into trees.

Level 10
Actually i changed most of the trees to destructable (it wasn't very hard) and i made a respawn trigger that should work very nicely with this. I've decied to keep the tree killing spells because they add more tactics and strategies to the game (like ambushes on fleeing heroes, or making a quick escape through some trees)

One thing that we do need to add; more trees in certian spots on the outside (at least by the water or something)

I still find the map too open and the paths are hard to follow.

Level 2
Yeah, the lanes are a bit unambiguous.

Anyway, im nearly finished with faust, ill send the map over probably in a day or 2.

Level 10
ok well i kinda changed some stuff since i sent you the map. I readded the destroying destructables and added the treespawn. You can simply send me the map and i'll transfer the triggers/spells and whatnot.

I've just though of something. Why not give him an active spell where he can send both his summons to attack one unit. They activate a windwalk and will hunt down the unit and you won't be able to stop them until they attack the unit.

Aside from that, i have to finish my second custom guy and xackwell along with Leenus's hydra skill (we'll just make it simple summon) and MF's divine cannon. I have to make something else because it's not working. I'll try something.

Level 2
Doesnt matter, I'll just rename the map copy I have and you can copy paste fausts stuff out of it.

As for MF's ult, its lagging because you havent imported the custom projectile art for it yet. None of the custom models are imported, including the two pandarens. Re-import all the custom stuff and it should be much better.

Same thing goes for dart's Blazing Dynamo, it's not working correctly. Double check my old triggers and make sure they match up.

Level 10
i'll check that out. I had to work on Dart's BD so that it didn't conflict with Haschel's Flurry of the Styx. I set it up so they were able to target the same unit and deal the proper damage.

[edit]

exactly what is wrong with the spell? Perhaps i should tell you how i fixed Dart/Haschel's specials and many others' so you don't think they aren't working.

I used to use pause commands to keep the units in place for the spell, but i found out you get a lot of trouble with those. So i took them out. The abilities still dealt the same damage and had the same effect when i tested them. The only difference is they don't pause which means they will never freeze (i've had problems where if you cast impale or xcyclone on paused units they will stay paused forever and you cannot unpause them, it's because in impale the units are removed from game for a second, which causes the pause to lock up). I'm currently working on getting them to stop if the hero is stunned. I also stopped pausing units too. I want this spell to be pause free and i actually wanted to get rid of the stunning part too if i could but it wouldn't look right.

BTW Dart and haschel don't get any extra hits because they are constantly moved and don't get enough time to attack.

Level 2
Ooops, sorry, meant his final burst is screwed up, not BD.

It's sending him a much longer distance than it was when I made it in the first copy. Hes now going about twice as far as the shockwave, which shouldnt be happening.

Oh, and about the pausing thing, use a dummy unit casting ensnare instead of pausing them, that will fix it.

Level 10
Gotcha, The only thing that we can't have is a spell shield item because it's useless on multicasting spells.

BTW i found a semi-decent charging spell that i can use for Melbu Frama. What i'm going to do is base it off blizzard and have him charge for 5 seconds, once he finishes, he's fire a ball of energy that will go so far you won't be able to track it but it will go about a speed of 800 over a distance of 2000 (far enough to no one can track where it ends up. The ball itself will deal up to 500-650-800-1050 chaos damage which means it won't ever kill a hero or anything like that on it's own. But it will easily off any units and severly injure, and sometimes, finish off heroes with 40% hp or less (most heroes will dies from this at 40% health kongol being an exception as of right now). At the end of the ball, i can get it to explode and deal 200-300-400-500 (150-200-250-300 damage to towers) magic damage to all units/buildings in an area of 350. You'll only be able to cast within 500 distance so that it's hard to estimate range and to aim to hit units.

Like wise, this is perfect for a sudden attack out of nowhere if you can find a nice spot to hide in.

I can just set it to fire whenever he cancels casting it (making him stop just to fire the blast and then continue baytteling).

Ok and i never actually checked your final burst spell so that may be why it doesn't work properly. Sorry about that. it'll be fixed up later when i get to the dragoon skills.

Well, that's pretty much all i can think of for now.

One more thing... ( i could simply get dart and Haschel to always be moved to the unit so that they are always on the unit even if it runs away. (that would work but might make some problems with drawing a hero into enemy lines. Aw well, it's better than stunning units anyways.

Level 2
Well the thing is, Final Burst should be moving to the target of the shockwave base ability. But it's not.

Level 10
Awsome news guys. I've just figured out (because of someone elses map) how to make units go side ways!!!! Do you realize what this means? We can actually make the units look like they are flying by changing the pitch angle. With this i can make a charge up 1 shotbeam for melbuframa.

Also, for the final burst, Picture this, dart spins in a firery cyclone towards the target, followed by the awsome flames. Man this will make stuff look so cool. Like i can use the tornado for some abilities. Heck this makes things much much more open..... I'm going to work on Melbu's spell later but i have a feeling that this will make it not lag but look awsome in the end. this will be wicked!!!

Level 2
I am getting hung up on fausts ulti so it may have to be early next week.

Been working on it though, finished thor's hammer.

Level 10
Hmmm, what does thor's hammer do? I have an idea where he casts 3 lightning bolts to rip through the ground and kill units and stuff within an eare and have a small chance of locking onto units when they run close enough to them.

Also, I'm still not going to work much on the map until i get what you got so i can merge the maps for the spell.

Level 2
Secret :twisted: .

Don't worry, once I finish Heraldic Devastation I'll send you the test map.

Level 10
just make sure you tell me what i need to chenge when you give me the test map.

[update]

I've found quite a unqiue system that we could use for the item stuff. It's excatly what we want and hopefully i can get the guy to make it for us. Basically, you'll have the slots which will start empty and can hold 2-4 of that type of item which allows for item switching and will only take the attributes of the item equipped. This will allow heroes to carry certain items. For miranda we can give her a bow slot and an arrow slot instead of sword and shield. Her bows will affect her attack distance, speed, amount of arrows she can shoot and her arrows will effect the way she damages units. Doel will have another sword slot.

But seriously, you should take a look cause the system is awsome.

Level 10
umm, i jsut figured out the system i was talking about doesn't work effectively. But this is how i've worked it out. We can simply make some items have a level. Slot 1 level 1 and so forth. For the archer players (if more than miranda or the same type with doel) we can give arrows for miranda and the secondary sword/shield for doel.

Thats pretty much what i've figured out. Only one sword at a time, but we could make it so that the heroes have a stash unit which only they can access so you can store a few items. we could proably even make it so each weapon is active so when you click it, it will take any item of the same level and replace it. Something like that so that you can quickly change a weapon if you have it. And you'll simply cycle through each slot and whenever you cast. i might make a dummy spell on every hero to lock/unlock the cycling (it will have 3 cooldown and will be used to turn on/off cycling items and if you don't have items to cycle, then you'll just click.

Level 10
Bump- man nobodies posted in a long time. Anyways, I've upgraded my two custom heroes and changed some of the stats for units/spells.

Anyways, here's the new ulti that i made for my glacial pandaren guy. It's called diamond dust and basically, he calls out 5-6-7-8 ice shards that fly out from his position, then wait a few seconds, and randomly target any units in the area (i made a special cycling to make sure that they always tareget A unit, but that the first unit they target they will follow for up to 15 seconds unless that unit dies, in which case they target another unit and follow for the rest of the duration and so forth. If there are no remaining units in the area, the shards instantly are destroyed.

At level 4, it can deal up to 1600 damage to a single target (deals 100 target damage + 100 nova X 8 shards)

I also gave him a speical passive ability that gave him the frost armor buff, bonus hp due to strength increase, slight armor boost, and random nova defense from both spells and attacks. Since this ability has much, i remade both my heroes to be made for countering attacks rather then dishing it out as much. The reason for the powerful passive is because up until he gets it, he dies reltively quickly and this basically allows him a better chance to escape and also counter enemy heroes/casters. As a result, however, his actual damage that he deals is tiny (starts out dealing 16-17 up to 43-44 and is slow attacker)

The other fire hero now has 2 passives, one of which is his ultimate. His one passive his him a chance to AoE slam the ground dealing damage and slowing units and burning the ground. His ultimate boosts this ability's effects by also initiating it as a counterattack mechanisme as well as an attack mechnaisme as well as giving him a permanent immolation property. (his passive gives chance to do it every attack, his ulti gives him high chance to do it every time he is attacked [has 20-16-12-8 second cooldown in between counter-attacks)

That's pretty much all i did with these guys, but i seriously need more stuff to do man. Qaenyin, send me the stuff and i'll put it in! I need to do freugal now i suppose. He should be not too bad (i'm gonna make a cool way to make his summons interesting. by adding tactics to his creatures[special ai depening on tactics set). I'll make the tactics effect ways of summoning, units to attack, and use of abilities.

That's all i;ve got for now. But someone please put something on the thread. (someone part of the team that is.)

Level 10
It seems my team leader has ditched the project so i'm going to finish the map, a little different than intended. If you could i would be grateful for hero ideas. I ask however, that you put down the hero type, attack, stats, and please go into details on spells.

Level 10
excellent, but i don't think i can have 2 guys on terraining...or can i? Anyways, we already have a terrain, BUT it needs some work to make it more defined (the theme was multi biomes but created a lot of open spaces [perhaps too much open space]).

Now that that's settled, i'll be pming those i call for services. If you have some spawn trigs, that would help a lot. We also need an item system and inventory for the map. skins and models are also welcome with hero ideas, and yeah, whatever else you think should be in AoS type maps.

Level 2
Sadly life has intervened, I have had next to no time to use my computer, and no time to work on the mod, for nearly three months.

I will attempt to give what effort I can, but, as I said, I have little spare time now due to my new job.

I have faust complete except I have one effect I am not sure how to do and he needs an ultimate. The rest of his skills are finished though.

As for the question. Is it possible(and if so, how) to change the stun effect's "blue swirly" into a "Something else".

Level 9

I loved legend of dragoon, great game, i think an aos based on that would be fun. But are you going to have things like
Doel- Thunder Dragon Transform

Leenus -> water dragoon form

Haschel -> Thunder Dragoon Form

Miru -> water dragoon form?

Or are you going to make evil have diffrent abilities (if your gunna have dragoon's at all)

Then theres always dark with devine dragoon :p.

Well if you have space, im a fairly good spell triggering, i cant quite do jass but i can do almost anything with triggers.

I could always do items, but im not sure how to do the item system.

Changing the swirly thing for stun is in the buff, you have to go into the buff editor and edit the buff the stun spell uses. Then you can add something else.

Level 10
Well i figured now that i'm ditching the Dragoon morphs and we're making it a reg aos map but with LOD charatcers. They still have signiature moves, but their ultimate is simply a move from dragoon form.

As for item sysem i've finally figured a decent way to do it.

Bascally, there will be item types that each hero can weild: sword: light medium, heavy; axes: heavy; bows: light, heavy ; harpoons ; scepters.

Then there's shields amulets and footwear some of each kind.

Now each weapon has 3-4 levels of upgrades in which you can purchase unikely only through each hero via an upgrade system. The weapons can gain increased attack damage/speed/durability (resest to norm when upgrading). You can also imbu your weapon to activate a preset orb ability as well, which is lost durcing upgrading and is unique to each weapon.

The same goes for armor and footwear. Then some heroes can hold a second sword (however a special kind only) or a shiled/armband which granst better defense and inscreased attack capabilities (ie quicker attack/ability to weild heavier weapons)

Now the tricky part is you buy only 1 of each of the 5 types and that is yours for THE ENTIRE game and you can't drop or lose it either but you upgrade and improve it trying to find a balance.

Then there is one slot devoted to any miscelanious consumable item you want. This allows for active use of actuall consumable items instead of those becoming useless.

The reason for this is it reduces the amount of items actually present on the map and also keeps from someone gaining an extremely quick advantage and also allows hero building to be more versatile (there's more than 1 of each beginner item.)

Also, some items can only be used without consequence if certain cirteria is met. For example, Dart can weild heavy swords but will suffer from a reduced attack until he upgrades the sword with sword mastery (which decreases the panalty of 30% by half) or he gets some gauntlets of the titan (needed from an upgraded armband) to lower that to a )% penalty, then he won't lose the attack speed.

The thing is, by restricting the items to upgrades, you're limited to your combinations and thus have to develop appropriate forms. Like the last example, the titan gauntlets might only be level 2 of 5 and nowhere near the best armband, but allow Dart to weild his "Golden Blade", a very powerful but brittle and heavy sword (names are random) with ease. Even though he would upgrade his amulet and get sword mastery, he'd still suffer from a lowered attack speed. Therefor if he chooses for more efficient attacks, then he must keep the titan's gauntlets. But if he chooses to upgrade the gaunlets, he'll lose the attack speed in exchange for perhaps less of an advantge given the situations.

Basically, the system will work like what i talkied about (but on a much larger scale and variety.)

The upgrades for weapons will be something alow the line of 500-800-1100-1400-1700-2000 for one particular item so it will be very difficult in short games to increase even 1 item to mastery.

One last thing about the items; they will have durability. Up until now i said you were stuck with your weapon until the end, well i changed that;you're still stuck with it, but if it breaks, it no longer grants the proper bonuses (you still take the penalties). The upside is that it makes the game a little more realistic and keeps people from staying on the battlefield forever less they wish to break thier weapon. I'd say the maximum durability from a weapon would be around 300 points (losing 1 point per strike) and for an armor 500-700 points (this means that at max level with all durability upgrades this will be true but you'll start out with stuff around 100 durability or so)

My systems will be fullproof and make sure that no one becomes an uber-hero killing machine once he gets a few k.

that's all i've thought up with, but the problem will be all the special types of armor that you'll need.

Level 10
Well i figured now that i'm ditching the Dragoon morphs and we're making it a reg aos map but with LOD charatcers. They still have signiature moves, but their ultimate is simply a move from dragoon form.

As for item sysem i've finally figured a decent way to do it.

Bascally, there will be item types that each hero can weild: sword: light medium, heavy; axes: heavy; bows: light, heavy ; harpoons ; scepters.

Then there's shields amulets and footwear some of each kind.

Now each weapon has 3-4 levels of upgrades in which you can purchase unikely only through each hero via an upgrade system. The weapons can gain increased attack damage/speed/durability (resest to norm when upgrading). You can also imbu your weapon to activate a preset orb ability as well, which is lost durcing upgrading and is unique to each weapon.

The same goes for armor and footwear. Then some heroes can hold a second sword (however a special kind only) or a shiled/armband which granst better defense and inscreased attack capabilities (ie quicker attack/ability to weild heavier weapons)

Now the tricky part is you buy only 1 of each of the 5 types and that is yours for THE ENTIRE game and you can't drop or lose it either but you upgrade and improve it trying to find a balance.

Then there is one slot devoted to any miscelanious consumable item you want. This allows for active use of actuall consumable items instead of those becoming useless.

The reason for this is it reduces the amount of items actually present on the map and also keeps from someone gaining an extremely quick advantage and also allows hero building to be more versatile (there's more than 1 of each beginner item.)

Also, some items can only be used without consequence if certain cirteria is met. For example, Dart can weild heavy swords but will suffer from a reduced attack until he upgrades the sword with sword mastery (which decreases the panalty of 30% by half) or he gets some gauntlets of the titan (needed from an upgraded armband) to lower that to a )% penalty, then he won't lose the attack speed.

The thing is, by restricting the items to upgrades, you're limited to your combinations and thus have to develop appropriate forms. Like the last example, the titan gauntlets might only be level 2 of 5 and nowhere near the best armband, but allow Dart to weild his "Golden Blade", a very powerful but brittle and heavy sword (names are random) with ease. Even though he would upgrade his amulet and get sword mastery, he'd still suffer from a lowered attack speed. Therefor if he chooses for more efficient attacks, then he must keep the titan's gauntlets. But if he chooses to upgrade the gaunlets, he'll lose the attack speed in exchange for perhaps less of an advantge given the situations.

Basically, the system will work like what i talkied about (but on a much larger scale and variety.)

The upgrades for weapons will be something alow the line of 500-800-1100-1400-1700-2000 for one particular item so it will be very difficult in short games to increase even 1 item to mastery.

One last thing about the items; they will have durability. Up until now i said you were stuck with your weapon until the end, well i changed that;you're still stuck with it, but if it breaks, it no longer grants the proper bonuses (you still take the penalties). The upside is that it makes the game a little more realistic and keeps people from staying on the battlefield forever less they wish to break thier weapon. I'd say the maximum durability from a weapon would be around 300 points (losing 1 point per strike) and for an armor 500-700 points (this means that at max level with all durability upgrades this will be true but you'll start out with stuff around 100 durability or so)

My systems will be fullproof and make sure that no one becomes an uber-hero killing machine once he gets a few k.

that's all i've thought up with, but the problem will be all the special types of armor that you'll need.

Level 9

Not only does that sound like making that many items would take FOREVER but it sounds like the item system would be only doable by jass.
Dart doesnt ever use a golden blade weapon, he weilds Claymore as his best weapon.

Some problems with the weapon system i saw:
Each weapon can be imbune with an orb, but its lost each time you upgrade your weapon. The flaw there is that adds 5 new items (in addition to the 5 normal)and 5 new item abilties (in addition to the 5 normal weapon abilities), and triggers to swap the items. Saying you have dart, rose, shana, (lavits/albert), haschel, kongol, and miru. Thats 35 new items, 35 new abilties, 5-35 new triggers. Thats a good days worth of CnP this and CnP that. Then theres evil: Melbu frahma, maby llyod, leenus, doel, and other 3 you might be adding.
Thats 140 items, 140 abilties, 20-140 triggers. Then theres armor... Not only that though! People who make the items have to have played lengend of dragoon to get the names right, else it would be very weird to see... Kongol weilding the dragon buster rather than an axe :p.
If you make armor have orbs with 5 levels, you now have: 280 items, 280 abilties, 40-280 tirggers. Then theres hero abilties you must squeeze in, consumable items, and units.

Then theres terrain, ands tuff like that. To me it sounds like this map would be a little over 4mb with custom models, ablties, and skins. I could see that map be a little under 3.5mb with the right alphaing unit weapons, attachments rather than whole new models.

Just wanted to point that out :p.

Level 10
definately needing some reowrking once again because i want to keep it around 1k which is what most aos maps are that don't lag. Less space i take means less lag i make. So considering you're analysis, i'd say the item system cannot be that (that's way too much) Perhaps there's an ability to simply add an ability to an item. I haven't even thought of this but perhaps it would work. That way whenever upgrading, yuo don't changing the item, rather you simply change the stats of it.

Assuming that doesn't work i've figured out a new way.

I figure there's going to be 20 armors (of varying level of 1-3, 3 being the best), 40 weapons (not evenly distributed as some types will occur more than others and 20 offhand choices (not for each hero however). There will be 7 choices of boots, (3 level 1 two elevl 2 and 2 level 3 choices) And around 15 consumable items.

Altogether, i'll assume that there will be around 100 items in the game. They will be sold at shops and such and some will be at secret shops. Now, the durability thing will stay the same as it's easy to modify and i'll trigger it to destroy the item if durability drops to 0.

I'm also going to change the penalty system to create penalties on every item (small but to keep it realistic)

Level 9

Durabilty is harsh, you need:

A varaible for every player, that has an array up to 100 points per player.

each time a player buys/sells/gains/destroys/uses an item, a trigger must be implimented to add the item to the array, and add another array variable that goes up by 1 per item, then when it reaches 12, it would remove 6 of the older items not in the heros inventory, so the varaible doesnt make the game laggy. Then, when (if) the varaible reaches 0 a trigger to destroy (or temporaraly remove) the item. The hard part is keeping all this in check with how many players doin how many things at 1 time. Say there are 8 players.
------------Weapons----------------------------------
1 Varaible array with a 100 cap per player. (8 total)
8 triggers to remove old varaibles.
8 triggers to doc durability.
8 triggers to temporaraly remove or destroy an item.
-------------Armor------------------------------------
1 Varaible with a 100 cap per player (8 total)
8 triggers to remove old item varaibles.
8 triggers to doc durability.
8 triggers to temporarily remove or destroy an item.
-------------Repair-----------------------------------
8 Triggers to start repair.
8 Triggers to end repair.
8 varaibles to set to blah blah amount.
8 more varaibles for a timed repair.
-----------Overveiw-----------------------------------
All in all its a fairly large system, totaly 66 triggers, and 32 varaibles, You still need a weapon system to remove certain weapons or add certain weapons. Still need to balance out ur map, still need to finish up some spells, still need some items. Still need some triggers, still need some creeps.
Id say you have a long road ahead of you, and that this map of your will be 3mb or more unless you stay without models/skins, 1.5k minimum. with 4k roof, id say ur alright. But then again if you add more things, i could be wrong.

Level 10
I was thinking something simple like

Hero takes damage. Set charges on Item in slot 2 of the hero taking damage( slot 2 or whichever i want will be the slot we put def items in) to charges -1. When the charges equal 0 then remove the item.

I trigger to check for an item type and move it to the proper slot when an item is boguth i only need 1 trigger for that becuase it can be any hero who buys it is all.

When they repair, then i simply remove and add the item back again.

To my recolection there is a function that ramoves charges from an item and can move an item to a certian slot and add an item to a certain slow as well. I just need to make 4 triggers to check to see if the hero has an item of the type when he buys the item. That will get him to drop the item instantly.

THAT's how i had planned to do it. It's still quite a few triggers, but nowhere near 64 (maybe 20 tops).

Still i'd have to check it to be sure but i think i could even get the replacing to work properly with only one trigger without having to store the item value.

It woudl be something like (create (item in slot X of X heroes inventory)) at X area. Remove x item from x hero and move item in X area to inventory slot X for hero X. Something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.