• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chains of Fate Map Project (directed by Qaenyin/Drain Pipe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Recently, i was on a team that (as far as i know) has been disbanned and now i'm left with an unfinished map project that i would like to finish. However, i have lost contact with my team and now since i have the most advanced map, am seeking out new team members to work on the map.

It alone is based off of legend of dragoon, and it is an AOS, but it, unlike many AOS games contains a multitude of triggered abilities, far greater than what any other AoS maps have come to realize so far. most of the concepts have already been created, character wise as well as abilities for the most part. The good team has already been completed and i had been triggering the evil team. I'm looking for anyone who might, not at the moment, but in the near future, want to sign on with this map project.

Anyways, i'm looking:

-a/multiple skinner(s)
-a/multiple modeler(s) (either capable of geomerging or making new models from scratch)
- a terrein designer (we currently have the terrain from the DOTA outlands game but i wish to change it)

That's about it. Now what needs to be done

-spawn triggers
-terrain redoing
-hero selection system
-items
-item system

fixes and other AOS triggers not mentionned are also needing to be worked out.

so yeah if anyone is interested in joining, please post on this thread. I'll PM you if your assistance is requested.

Bear in mind that i'm not 100% sure of the maps stopping, but i have no way of verifying.

I'll post if the origional team gets back together (we'll still continue with this team, just add the others on.)

If the origional site is down, then the project will continue here.

Level 8
yeah i have yet to see any AoS (besides ToB) that was actually balanced...not to mention there just no fun! id help but i would rather poke up my eyes and eat the fluids :p

thumbs down

Level 10
Ic, AoS hasn't remained very popular. Oh well, it's still going to be different from the two.

- Items weapon system to keep from item whoring
-stamina system (perhaps this will be integrated) to also contribue to item whoring (depending on your type of hero, you won't be able to wear certain armors/ use certain weapons because it's too heavy and you would lose stamina too fast and be very unaffective in battle)
-completely triggered abilities (well triggered no bugs, just need to make leak proof)
- Each ability has secrets to controling it's effectiveness (most anyways)

-completely not before seen models that aren't just reskins but completely different from what has already been created.

That's what i can think of off the top of my head that's going in. In all the AOS's i've played i've never seen abilities like what we've triggered (yes that may sound biased but it's true as not many AoSes have used triggered with their abilities)

for example, one of the abilities, the hero points out his weapon, and thrusts through his enemies, pushing them aside as well as damaging them. However, the more direct your attack, the longer you're impaling your enemy and the more damage it takes. Another one is an ultimate where the hero charges up and then blasts his opponents with a constant wave of enegy (it looks like a beam of energy) that completely engulfs and gravely damages his enemies for the duration of the beam spell. That's just a couple examples. This map will only be rivalled by TOB (DOTA has nothing on this as most of their abilites simply involve editing spells that already exist. and "borrowing or mimicking" spell ideas from others)

So yeah I know I have to defend this map, but yeah, the abilities will be like no other (I don't mean that other maps don't do what we do (ie spells that make it look like hero is jumping) I mean that there haven't been spells like these EVER in any of the current AOSs) I know that AoS can be considered as boring but at least wait until you see the map before you judge it.

Now, if anyone would like to join, then don't post about how AOS sucks or how it is boring, post if you would consider joining the team.

thanks.

Level 10
well actually, a map would be nice, so i technically would have to give him the actually map for that to happen. Dunno but yeah, i am afraid that it might leak, but if noodle actually joins, then yes, his help would be nice. Aside from that, i basically need spawn triggers, a fewe towers, the selection sytem and I'll gbe able to release the BETA_A version of the map. I'll go from there but yeah, i still need the map to be terrained. That's about it.

Level 2
Well I wouldnt mine helping you out. I need a lot of expirience making triggers, but making a terrian is pretty simple and even fun for me. Anyways I got some ideas of my own but Im stuck waiting on a few requested models for my camp, so whatever pm me and im there hopefully ill learn a little something more.

Level 2
Yo!

I'm Qaenyin, the original project leader. This project has been in progress for the better part of two years, and is now finally near completion.

At the moment I still need some info on DP on how much has progressed since the ToB forums went down, but so far we have nearly every hero finished.

Prior to the crash, the roles were:

Qaenyin:project Leader, concept design.
Drain Pipe:Triggering, concept design(combat).
Harusame:Modeling, placeholder skinning(she said she could use some help skinning if possible.)

We have almost all the abilities triggered except for a handful of the ultimates. There will be 14 heroes, most using completely never before seen skins and some with brand spankin new custom spells.

Level 10
Well, so far the combat system has yet to be integrated and i might tone it down to save space. As of yet, we have Melbu Frama and Lloyd Done completely. Doel needs to to be spruced up a bit, but otherwise he's done asw ell. I'm working on leenus and i changed her Rend ability to "throw chakra
" and "throw chakra
". What happens is she can level up the TC
ability but TC[right} is always the same level. Anyways, you basically switch which side you throw from each time you use the ability. Both are meant to be used together for added damage and are good for spawn. I also made them "secret abilities" because they have a secret with them (yeah i've added secrets that either weaken an ability from improper use or strengthen it).

Leenus' Chakras do different things depending on which one you throw as well as where you target. Regularily at far distance, both simply go out twirling and come back (they deal the most damage on the brief pause between going out and coming back) and both are ideal for fleeing heroes. Then i'm also working on developing other techniques to go with them based on what you target, or where you target. For example, (and this is a bit of a spoiler) if you target right on leenus with her left chakra, she'll get it to twirl around her for 5 seconds, also the chakra will deal 50-70% less damage to targets while like this and damage potential is less, however, it's very effective in close combat and allows to deal more damage to units up close.

Another one i was going to work on was making the chakra hunt down an opponent and staying on it for 5 seconds before returning. This would, of course, be only for the right and also deal way less damage, probably 50-80& less damage but coupled with the other ability it could make for an interesting combo, as you could target a unit in the middle of a crowd and set up for big damage.

As for her Serpent Call, I'm not sure a good way to make this, I figure i'd make an uncontrollable hydra to help out Leenus and be unattackable. It would have some helpful abilities that would protect Leenus as well as some damaging ones too.

Also, for doel i wanted to make his blade of darkness, release 5 spinning orbs which circle him for 5 seconds, then split off in separate directions for a distance of 1000 and if they find any unit's close by, they will begin draining that unit's HP and once they are ful life or the unit dies, they return to Doel (this will not be a moddified locust swarm). Each orb would drain up to 30-40-50-60 hp in 3 seconds before returning to Doel. He would not be able to cast it again until all five of the orbs had returned. That's just an idea. Anyways that's all for now

DPO

Level 2
If that is doable, ok.

What heroes are finished on the Evil team? I have a completed skill list for Zackwell, and am working on skills for freugel. Haven't had the chance to work with Faust yet, hes gonna be a tricky one.

Level 10
So far i have Melbu Frame and Lloyd are completely done (I might make Lloy'ds ultimate a little more flashy) and Doel is roughly all done (need to mod his abilities) and Leenus just needs here ultimate to be made in a creative way. Dunno but i suppose that we could simply make one giant single wave that had a large stretch and deals around 350 damage and had a low cooldown and small pushback if possible. That would be her attack (it would move unit's back a large distance.

That will finish Leenus besides her summon which i still have no idea how to do to make cool.

Doel is done for the most part, except is two blade techniques are a little plain. I might make blade of darkness like him throwing out 5 rings and if they hit an enemy they lock to that enemy and absord X amount of life then return. As for blade of light, Dunno, maybe a piercing attack that sometimes knocks back his opponent. As for cry of madness, i figure it turns all unit's within 300-600 into neutral hostile for 5-10-15-20 seconds and gives the bonus stats as well, but not for himself.

Once these things are done, i will have MF, Lloyd, Leenus and Doel all done. I'm still wondering about dragoon spells though. I haven't heard too much along the ideas for those.

Besides that, most of the abilities are done. I was actually going to give the file to a terrainer to fix up to our liking.

That's all that's happened so far, so yeah, whenever you can, post those hero stats.

Level 2
The summons should have pretty hi HP, but low DMG, so they cant be used for kamikaze stuffs.

I also suggest giving them a moderate AE(500? 700?)
Taunt, with a large cool(20 secs-30 secs). They should be tanks, thats it. I dont want them used offensively.

Both need one special. I'm looking for ideas on that.

Until then, I will repost my ideas for Zackwell.

Class:Demon Lord
Prime Stat:INT
STR:med-low
AGI:med
INT:Med-High

Skill 1:Shadow Dive
(no description decided yet)
Effect:Gives Zackwell a null model(Same method used for dummy units), so all you see is a shadow. He CAN move in this form, but can NOT attack. He also cannot be physically attacked but takes % bonus damage from spells(both hostile and friendly). If possible, I do not want him to have collision in this shape, but I DO want him to be targetable as normal(otherwise targeted spells wont be able to be used on him).

Lv 1:Costs 100 mana, takes 50% bonus from spells.
Lv 2:Costs 90 mana, takes 42% bonus from spells.
Lv 3:Costs 80 mana, takes 34% bonus from spells.
Lv 4:Costs 70 mana, takes 25% bonus rom spells.

Skill 2:Torment's Embrace
(description undecided)
Effect:parasite based spell. Anything under the effects of this spell, if killed before the spell wears off, spawns a unit(Tormented Soul). The souls use the banshee model, but cannot attack. They have the Possession ability(as stock ability), which allows them to possess spawnies(not summons or heroes). They also have Shadowmeld(as stock version), until they possess(then they lose all their normal abilities and become the spawnies).

Level 1:Costs 50 mana, lasts 10 seconds, summons have 250 hp and 1 armor.
Level 2:Costs 40, lasts 15 seconds, 320 hp 2 armor.
Level 3:Costs 30, lasts 20, 400 hp 3 armor
Level 4:Costs 20, lasts 30, 450 hp 4 armor

Skill 3:Corrosion Slice
(description undecided)
Effect:Orb of Corruption effect on all attacks(no mana upkeep required), amount of armor lost is based on skill level, as is duration.

Level 1:Loses 1 armor for 3 seconds.
Level 2:Loses 2 armor for 5 seconds.
Level 3:Loses 3 armor for 7 seconds.
Level 4:Loses 5 armor for 10 seconds.

Skill 4:Hour of the Beast
(Description undecided)
Effect:Summons a big demon. For 15 seconds, Shadowstrikes(with a 90% slow movement) are cast at random targets in a 500 AE, then, after they stop, the demon explodes, dealing damage to everything in that AE.

Level 1:SS deals 30 strike damage, 5 damage per sec, explosion does 300 dmg
Level 2:SS deals 40 strike, 10 dps, 400 dmg explosion
Level 3:SS deals 50 strike, 15 dps, 500 dmg explosion
Level 4:SS deals 60 strike, 20 dps, 600 dmg explosion.

Comments? Balance objections? Ideas?

Level 10
I was thinking maing him an ability where he starts off targeting 1 unit, and he'll transform into a shadowand automatically glide to that unit. He can stay on that unit or move to another unit. Now he also would have the ability to slowly drain the unit's hp for his own use and the unit wouldn't be able to do anything about it except die, Then zackwell would remain at the unit's corpse for up to 5 seconds before reverting, or if you target another unit you can stay in the shadows. Now, he can also possess the unit but i want to make it like the unit shows no changes, but zackwell can control it anyways. This way, you cannot really tell where he is if he's on a unit except for a dark shadow than usual. If the unit dies while he's on it, he'll take 200% of the damage taken on the last blow, so it can be relatively weak or extremely powerful against him. Anyways, that's my shadowy idea, dunno if you like it, but i think it could work. Not sure though. Need your insight. Also, I find it better if you don't control the hydra then you need not have to worry too much about it and it simply makes her more boring.

Level 2
Although I like the possession idea as a concept, it would be overpowered. It would be far too easy to just jump from unit to unit and take almost no damage(200% of the damage dealt to the unit isn't much when the base damage is likely melee damage).

As for the hydra, check WC3campaigns.com. There is a "diablo 2 style summons" script that can be applied to make summons uncontrollable.

For zackwell I think the skillset I proposed fits pretty well together. The strategy in general would probably be an adaptation of the strat generally used for the Dark Ranger in ToB. Shadow dive could be based off Ethereal Form with a different Model for the morphed unit. While etherealized he is very hard to see, mening he can follow along a group of spawns and blend in with their shadows, and use his parasite spell to create a bunch of souls, which can then be used as tanks(since they will have more hp/armor than spawnies, but cant attack), or to deal damage(by possessing other spawnies, they can attack, but lose hp and armor). Or, some can possess, and some can stay as tanks, making a good blend of both. Since they have shadowmeld, he can hide them at a possible hotspot for enemies attacking, then if that spot is attacked h can unhide, possess all their spawnies with his small army, then surround them and use his ult to slow them a ton and prevent them from escaping(as well as deal a hefty amount of damage). Corrosion slice would make this even better since he can drop their armor to make his possessed units deal more damage, and since the explosion from his ult should be based off Kaboom, it would be physical damage and be boosted by corrosion slice as well.

More than any other hero, I think this one has the best synergy between all his skills. He is based primarily around ambushes, siege, and disabling his enemies. However, hes not too great a hero killer alone(again, like the DR from ToB, which is what my skill build was inspired from).

One thing to note, however, is that if based off kaboom, the explosion will damage buildings. However, buildings will have high armor so that should soften it, and corrosion slice wont affect buildings either. This helps support him being a siege hero(one of the best of his team in fact, though he alone has lackluster hp).

By the way, how are the models coming? We still need that edited proudmoore model for Haschel, so try to get that next on the list. We also need a skinner I believe.

I am currently trying to figure out a skillset for Freugel but it's not going too well, and suggestions would be appreciated.

PS, dont expect me to reply more than once a week. My comp is down and I am having to use the ones at the library till I can get a job and make some money to have it fixed. I will keep working at this map though, I don't intend to have two years of work go down the drain(no pun intended).

Level 10
Actually, I haven't had much of a chance to do anything. I'm sorry but i've been extremely busy and I actually want sumeone else to take over my job (hopefully keep my ideas) at least until christmas. Now i want to send you the file, but i have no safe place i can download it from where it won't leak. I've tried a few things but none seem to work. In the end, it either costs money (which i'm kind of not prepared to pay as with eveyrone else who's just working on a map for a game.) Or some sort of other way around it. I know we could post it up but it could leak too fast if that happened (granted there's not too much to leak but the ideas and such) and the map would kind of lose it's appeal. So yeah, there's one guy who woudln't mind taking over my spot, i just need to get the map to him. If i can.

So yeah, i kinda haven't been able to do too much regarding the map and i've tried to get it to you. Maybe you can help me transfer what i've done so far. Sorry once again, but i've been far too preoccupied.

+Drain Pipe

Level 2
For file transfers use AIM. I cant use my comp right now so dont worry about sending me the file.

I did figure out a way to use dragoon forms now. Base it off meta(like we originally planned), but have the actual ability you LEARN be a dummy ability.

After they learn lv 1, make them learn the base morph ability, and have the dragoon form units have all their abilities tied to researches. Then, after they learn levels of dragoon form, research them the appropriate level researches to unlock the abilities.

This removes the problem with learning a level of a meta skill while metad already.

Level 10
Hmmm, perhaps simply hide the ability while in dragoon form as since a while now, a lot of special abilities have become non-deactiavtable. Now they, i think, are going to fix this but i'm not sure, until they do, meta or any morph ability that doesn't allow you to change back is kind of risky.

[edit] well i finished Leenus's ultimate, it basically has where for 7 seconds, 50 tidal waves fire out in all different directions (random too). Each deals 15-30-45-60. At the same time, a total of 280 water spurts will pop up around her over the 7 seconds, dealing 2-3-4-5 damage per successful hit (as iin the explosion damage actually hits the unit, not just a void area). The potential damage is quite high, being [0-3000] + [0-1400]. So the max potential damage before resist is 4400. Now the farther you get, the less chance you'll have to be damaged gravely. This is meant for when she's surrounded to kill everything close enough becuase of the clustering and higher chance of hitting with random angled waves. Still the chances diminish quite a lot as you get farther away from her and the damaage is quite inferior some some instances. Also, the damage from the water spurts is only within 325 of leenus and the chances of getting all 1400 damage is almost none. Everysingle spurt would have to hit, and approx. half-3/4 don't even touch the unit unless you're right up close. As for the waves..same thing. Not all fire in 1 direction and chances are, you won't deal the final blow with this ability from far away (although there is still a tiny chance of that happeneing, but not enough to raise concer [maybe 1-2%]) So i find it to be quite visually appealing and exciting to use for the player, i think it a good choice.

[edit 2] I did finish the hydra summon, but i find the hydra to be quite boring and it's hard to balance out the stats because the problem is that the hydra is either too strong when coupled with leenus, or completely useless. Seeing as leenus is a melee hero, the hydra also being melee kind of removes all of it's usefulness as a tank since Leenus is also melee, and instead of staying back, she'll susually run up into battle, which proves to remove all of the usefulness of the hydra. I dunno, she has 2 actives (3 if you count both chakra throwing moves) and a passive which all seem to work fine, but the serpent's call really doesn't work with her. Perhaps if you can find another ability altogether, or simply help me change the ability a bit so that it seems more in place with all the other abilities. I don't suggest another active since she already has enough to make her effective, but we need a better way to incorporate the hydra so that it isn't as boring. The summoning takes away a bit the way it is now (granted more of that is my fault) but as i have it, it's not very appealing, to say the least. Perhaps you can spruce up the idea i already have in place:

Leenus channels for 6 seconds before summoning a massive Hydra to her command. The hydra has 1000-1150-1300-1450 health and 1-3-5-7 scaled (custom constant) type armor which is good against rag and piercing but bad against spells and magic as well as siege. The thing has an attack of 10-[19-29-39-49] reg. and a fairly fast attack rate.

*Doesn't do much except absorb damage. Maybe you can find a way to make this spell more interesting.*

As for Zackwell, when i thought of his spell ability, i figured he would be some kind of guy who would simply always remain in the shadows and rarely be split outisde of them, otherwise, be extremely weak. The idea of the last blow killing is if you see him dive into a unit, you use the highest damage attack you can think of (one shot damage).

But i really only wanted that because otherwise, it's pretty easy to see him as a shadow as it's very hard to move with a unit's shadow, perhaps i can make his shadow dive like how you want it. But, so that he can hide, i'll make an ability where he can hitch a ride on any unit within a short distance of him for a short period of 4-6-8-10 seconds (ability lasts 20-24-28-32 seconds has 60 second cooldown). I'll make his shadow form speed low so he cannot run away very quickly in the shadows without shadows to leap to. I'll scratch all the other life drain stuff, but he would seriously need this to help him hide properly, otherwise the ability would be a waste. In this form, he will be targetable, but it won't exactly be easy while under a friendly unit. Otherwise he'd still be able to be targeted with evereything and be seen, but at least keep some cover.

Aside from that, his acid strike seems ok, but we shouldn't base if off orb of corruption, seems a little to obvious. I'm going to try to make it a spammable attack which will make sure he can hold his own for a little while. I'd make it like the following

Level 1: Strikes, dealing 30 damage, plus weakening his target's defenses by 2 for 5 seconds. Cooldown 11 seconds.

Level 2: Deals 60 damage, weakens defense by 3 for seconds, cooldown 9 seconds.

Level 3: Deals 90 damage, weakens by 4 for 20 seconds 7 second cooldown.

Level 4: deals 120 dmg, weakens by 5 for 20 seconds.
Cooldown 5 seconds.

This will allow him to still be able to deal some damage with his seemingly pitiful attack and improve the effectiveness of others' attacks. It's meant to be active so that you have to be conscious of what you're doing to be effective. This also aalows him to hit maultiple targets too, allowing to weaken a small group as well as power his spell too (less armor=less resistance).

As for his summoning spirits, i figure it has a cooldown of about 35 and works like this.

1: Breathes a wave of decrepit energy which robs all unit's affected of their souls. When they die, their spirits shall remain under Zackwell's control. Lasts 6 seconds. mana 100 wave dist. 500 area, 0-150.

2: lasts 8 seconds, dist 600 0-200 100 mana.

3: 10 seconds, 700 0-250, 100 mana

4: 12 seconds, 800, 0-300, 100 mana.

When unit's die and they have the buff they transform into a tormented spirit, these spirirts if unguided will immediatly seek out a host to control. Also, this ability won't deal damage, but will allow the potential to summon quite a few spirits to aid.

They have 100-400 health and are uncontrollable, but if there are no unit's nearby, then i have an idea where he can simply call the spirits in and harvest them. Whenever he feels like letting them out to take control (only able to hold a max of 5) he could release them and they would go and seek out a host. To balance this out, i would cancel his ability to use the spirit breath while he's holding any tormented spirits.

I'll trigger the taking over to last about 200 seconds before the unit dies to keep him from creating too many possessed units (max would be estimated at 25 possessed unit's at once, 500 mana later providing he was able to gain 5 tormented spirirts per cast and take over unit.

As for his final ability, maybe make it like a mobile ability. As the beast runs towards it's target shadowstrikes emit from it's body (more shadowstrikes with way less damage to allow multiple unit's being effected) and once he reaches his target, or he simply runs into an enemy hero or building, he will explode dealing the damage. The shadow strike will be launched (iwant) about up to 30 times, each time dealing about 10-40 damage, 2-4-6-8 damage per second, and a slowing effect (like you said) of 90% fro 10 seconds. Just imagine this on a fleeing hero. He's running as the beast chases him down, crippling unit's in it's wake and as it get's close, it hits the hero a couple of times before hitting him and guaranteeing a death. You could probably take out a hero with about 1/4 of it's health with this. This is just another idea, also, i figure the area of effect would be something more like 700 and the explosion only 250. BTW this wouldn't be targetable, you'd have to target ahead of a fleeing hero and be relatively close, but the beast itself will run realtively fast so you don't have to worry about the hero escaping if you cast it close enough (with 600 or so) because the shadowstrikes would reach the hero indefinately and slow him down to the point where escape would be futile, not to mention the continuous shadowstrikes bombarding the near-dead hero before the beast rams it and ....KABOOOM! dead hero.

..........Phew that was longwinded, but yeah, they are things i think should work.

I know i haven't posted too much lately, but in the next few weeks, i might have the chance to finish off leenus and get Zackwell started, sorry for the delay.

Level 10
Good news team, pretty soon, msn will be updtaing the file storage to allow use to store up to 250 mb, and send up to 10 mb, which means i can send the map to you guys. Woot. This way, our map won't leak at all, and you can see all the updates i;ve mae (i could make more, but there's no function to remove point variables so i can't use them) aside from that all works fine.

oh yeah, and

BUMP!

Level 10
I've kind of lost the dirve to work on the regular heroes right now, i actually wanted to work on the kewl other ones, and here's an idea i've come up with with some pretty nifty spells.

Ok, here's the character:

Hero name: Glacial Pandaren
Prim: caster/battle catser/spawn control
stats: 20 except 23 intel (prime. stat)

Ok, so i've really have yet to see a decent rolling panda spell, so i figure i'll start off with my spell idea.

Roll-out: Curling his body up as tighht as possible [insert name] rips through his enemies, rolling over them with much force. As he rolls, he gains momentum as well as force to his attacks, making them greater depending on how long he is rolling for before he runs over his eenmies.

[special ability]

This one is a really cool concept. What happens is you become a mobile unit who moves fatser than normal depending for how long you roll. You roll for 15 seconds. Now depending on where you click to move, you'll role in that direction but there are a few extras required. When you do change direction, you lose a slight amount of momentum, and if you target a fairly wide angle then you'll actually perform a turn of 90 degrees around the target point if you select close enough to your bears position otherwise the bear won't turn like that. That means you have to be good at keeping track of him while he's using this ability. If timed right, you can actually simply spin in circles to charge up you're speed and momentum. Anywyas, now you stop when your momentum is 0. When the 15 seconds is over however, you'll then experience a rapid slowdown before you stop and the spell ends. Now when you hit an enemy, you'll deal damage equal to that of your speed value and every enemy you hit, you lose momentum and power. you can quickly end your spell this way. Max damage/momentum is 400 and units knock off 20 every 1 second you hit them, trees knock off 80. Now you can change directions drastically (as in anything behind you) but you'll slow down to 1 momentum before changing directions to speed up again. This means if you hit something while changing directions, you will stop and the spell will end.

Each level increases the amount of speed you can gain (so level one will take almost the entire 15 seconds to deal 400 damage or not even have enough time in the end.

So that's the first and most intricate spell i'm working on. Now for the rest.

Polar Magic (2 upgarable spells): You can either learn Ice bolt, or Frost Breath which is a special attribute added to this guy.

Ice Bolt: Fires a single targeting Ice bolt that deals (intelligence of Pandaren X level of Frost bolt) damage plus freezes target for (intelligence/20 x level of Ice Bolt)

Freezing Breath: Mana 100 Fires out a come of frost energy that slows enemies by (interlignence-10 X level of frost breath-1 X 0.01 and that becomes %). This only slows them drastically, but allows for large groupe weakenings and can even stop unit's not succeptable to cold. (you cans et this by making some have slowest speed set higher to 0 or set to zero to make them succesptable)

Glacial Barrier: [insert name] produces a wall of think ice, capable of blocking enemies attacks for a short period. Any unit's cuaght within the wall are frozen until the wall dissolves or until that shar is broken. Heroes remain frozen for (level of interligence X level of glacial barrier divided by 30)(around 6 seconds.) All unit's take (level of ability X [intelligence+30) damage. Anyways, it will appear from the middle and move outward, so as heroes try to move around, they will be frozen (if hit by two, just resests cooldown timer for being frozen) Early on, this guy will be weak as hell, and being able to wear no speicalized armor except for polar paws (adds frost to attack also increases damage by 10-ultimate weapon) his attacks remain dependant on his unalterable (almost completely unalterable) intelligence. So when he reaches level 16 and his intel is high, he's extremely powerful then (relatively). As for the last ability...

The Polar Express: Mana 175, cooldown 300.

Baically, he creates a giant shockwave of iced shards that spread out in a cricle and freeze enemies for (intelligence/10 X level of ability).

Also deals (intel X level of Ability) damage and the AoE will be 1500 (that meansd the radian would be 750, which is pretty hard to escape)

So, at max level he'd end up deal 184-200+/- 30 to all enemies effected. Also, he'll freeze his eenmies for 18 seconds (BIG ability) and the freezing will stack. This means this polar guy is pretty damn weak damage wise but can freeze things to such an extent that his little damage will build up and he'll become quite annoying.

I figure this guy will be a random bonus character that you can get. I know his abilities are WAY too strong but when you think about it, it's only the begining. Perhaps there will be items that will lower status effects (like mind blow as an item ability which knocks off 25 intel for 10 seconds.)

[update] I have just overcome an incredible problem by introducing a new control system. It's one that allows you to move your pandaren with the key pads while you're moving him. Now i've had to slow it down tremendously from what i had first anticipated even though he can cover a lot of ground quite fast and is impossible to catch but if you stun him, then he'll stop, but it's hard to hit. Anyways, i;ve actually been owrking on it as i type and it's now almost done (it's been 2 hrs since i wrote the last line) but it really looks good. that's all i've been able to do.

Level 2
Only issue is this is a themed map, and as such heroes such as that which do not follow the theme are not an option(otherwise it's a good hero, just doesnt fit the map).

I am currently working on the item list, there will be 3 character specific weapons for each character, plus 5 types of each other slot piece, 4 different potions, and a few non consumable clickies.

Doel will have 3 special shields only he can use which arent actually shields, but offhand swords(though they are classed as shields in terms of the slots they go in).

Good trick on the lenus ultimate, sounds very nice and visually cool as well.

For Serpent's Call, boost the serpent hp to something more like

1000-1350-1700-2050.

Its a lot less than it seems due to the spell vulnerability you are giving it.

The damage is fine.

For usefulness, give it a 30 nova damage/lv 0 target damage frost nova with a decent slow. That should give it a bit more versatility at the cost of heightened micro. Make it cost 100 mana, and give the serpent 200 mana per level(a max of 800 at lv 4, or 8 novas). Then give lenus a skill automatically gained when Call is learned that allows her to target a unit, which has no effect except that when she casts it, her hydra casts the frost nova at the unit she targets it at.

Model on the summon should be the usual hydra model.

I'm also working on faust, I have figured out two of his skills, im trying to decide the other two(one will be a passive based on the goblin engineer's engineering upgrade which boosts certain spell effects, the last will be his Fire spell, still need a name and to decide on the full effects).

Are you still in contact with haru? I need to know if you are, and if you are not then I need to know what custom models you currently have.

Level 10
Qaenyin, what if i made it so some of the big persons on this map each had a special character they could play. They'd select the special character button to allow them to use their special character (each of us gets his/her own according to what he wants).

I also got a guy whos doing the terraining and fixing it up. He'll finish, he said, about 8-9 days from today so it's really good. I told him to add what i rememebr you asking.

Good guys is peaceful old time village, bad guys, ruined castle and blighted terrain, good guys barren terrain.

So i now have 4 evil characters done. Leenus, Lloyd, Melbu Frama, and Emepror Doel.

Aside from that, I'll be fixing up The serpent's call ability and starting Zackwell soon.

That's pretty much all and if you want the map, pm me ur e-amil. I've alreadys ent it to Haru, though i think he hadn't got it yet. But yeah, i think you'll like what you see.

Level 2
Dont worry about sending the map yet. I don't have enough time to look at it(frustrating, I barely have the time to do what I am, currently seeking a job and that consumes a lot of time).

Just as a teaser, the titles for Faust's spells(faust is the next hero I am working on finishing), will be:

Splitting Sky(Wind)
Sirocco(Fire)
Deep Freeze(Ice)
Glyph of Fury(passive)(Ultimate, 2 levels)
Heraldic Devastation(Ultimate, 2 levels)

His first ultimate has required level 4, but you have to be lv 12 to take the second level. The Second Ultimate has required level 8, 16 for lv 2.

Trust me, hes gonna absolutely own.

As for the secret heroes, I was tossing around that idea, but first we need to finish the base map. Once the map itself is finished little doodads like that can be tacked on afterward.

Level 10
well, I still have yet to do Zackwell, but as soon as i get on christmas holidays right up to dec. 24th, i'll be able to work on him, as well as give Doel a facelift (he's really boring as of right now, besides his ultimate which is nice and flashy) I really can't do too much until i get the terrain design back so i'm going to try and fix the pandaren skill in the meantime, i actually made it completely different than what you'd expect.

When you use the ability that rolls him up, the screen locks on to him while he's rolling and you move him with your keys! You can even slow down to make sharp turns and i'm even working on charging up to make quick turns without slowing down. At the end, you recover as the pandaren to keep fighting. I'm also gonna make it to keep track of XP and give xp when you kill something you run over. And to compare speed, while ad full speed, you're maybe 10-20% faster than meru with her passive. So yes you can hunt down heros and slow em down for up to 4 seconds giving you ample time to gain a head start on them and maybe even hit them again before transforming and casting the freezing ability on them.

Aside form that, there's not really much i can do as progress is hindered, by development of the terrain.[/url]

Level 2
So, any luck on the terrain?

I need to know when it's finished so I know when to start submitting new stuff.

Level 2
Ok, well, until then, if you could e-mail me a link to the map I'd appreciate it. I have some time this weekend I can spend to check it out and make suggestions.

Level 10
unfortunately, i don't think i have your e-mail address, so perhaps you can give it to me so i can send it to you. Perhaps you might want to get an msn account because that's how i've been able to send the map through. Still, if he doesn't finish the map by the 14th, then i'll simply have to try terraining myself We really can't afford to waste the christmas holidays since that's the best time. So... if i don't get the map back, i don't care but i'll have to start terraining myself since the chosen terrain at this point isn't really good for what we need it for and some work will need to be done. I still haven't heard from him for a while, so i really don't know how the terrain is going.

Level 10
Actually i did send it to you but it failed and i think it's because your AOL can't recieve the size of file. I suggest you get and msn address. That's the only way i was able to send it successfully to anyone else. I'll try sending it to you again, but if there's another failure, it will be pointless unless you get msn.

Level 2
Send it to me on AIM at the address Qaenyin. I will be on until about 1:00 tonight.

Also post your aim address so we can stay in contact better.

Level 10
First of all i don't have AOL insant messenger because i tried getting it and it wouldn't let me. Second, i already tried accessing your AIM but that didn't work either. #rd i'm not even sure if AIM can allow you to send instant messages that easy and 4, MSN is quite easy to use.

I've already tried sending it to you but without success and i can't get AIM for some reason it will never accept my username no matter what i put, even it i put my actual full name, it always says it's already been taken and i cannot proceed. That's why i wanted you to get msn instead. otherwise, i'll post a safe version on this website as custom spells and you can dl the safe version.

Level 2
Then put a safe version on this website. I dont have ANY hard drive space(under 3% is free), so I am NOT installing any more applications, sorry.

Level 10
Ok, so the map is on the website, so just so you can see it Eusira\Qaenyin. I hope you guys enjoy the spells. For the Ice Pandaren's "Roll Out" ability, you'll have to use the "left, right" and "back" keys on your keyboard to move left and right and to slow down. To stop, either run through enough obstacles/units, or hold down on the "back" key until you stop. If you want to make a quick U_turn, slow down until you're almost stopped, then tap the back key to make an instant 180 turn.

As for the Volcanic pandaren, use the left and right keys to maneuver him.

Other than that, enjoy the rest and i;ve even put in a few heroes to test skills out on.

Oh yeah, any ability that has the "special" word on it in the tooltip means they have a vareid effectiveness in different situations and also that they are the most powerful if certain requirements are met, but that also makes them the least reliable in battle, unless you know how each one works. Things affecting them can be such as buffs, hp, mp, distance between caster/target, length of casting time, skill with aiming and casting and perhaps more. I suggest you test each hero and try and find out what their special ability requirements are.

I've rambled on long enough i suppose, so without further delay, here's the link

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=3001

BTW, enjoy.

Level 2
Ok, I have nearly finished with Faust(just polishing off some ideas on his ulti), I will post that early next week, then finish off the equipment list and post that.

Has the terrainer gotten around to talking yet? At the very least we NEED to know if hes even working on it, we cant just sit around for half a year till he finds it convenient to say "yo, sorry, havent done anything, find someone else".

Level 10
I'm already one step ahead of you. I've already tried to start terraining on our map (with little success) but i've put up a post on the requests section. BTW i noticed problems withs the multi-attack moves so i modded them a bit. Now they no longer stun the target, just immobilize and you can now target the same unit with both heroes at the same time(for one MONSTER combo). I also shortened and improved some of the abilities and i;m still working on others. Now instead of using a unit that other's are drawn to, i make a variable to track the distance they've moved which makes this work just as good but all me to get the nice slowing down effect i like. Now i;m gonna trey another attampt at editing the map but i ytell you it's not easy.

Level 10
*BUMP* just so you don't forget about it qaenyin.

Anyways, I finally found a way to safely trandsfer the map, so now Eusira is actually doing the terraining, but he's started on a different map altogether because the one we had was....crappy to say the least because there were problems with it.

Anyways, i know how to transfer everythign except the actualy units. Putting the triggers back together again won't take me too long now.

I've finally chosen a way to make dragoons. It will be a dummy skill that will replace them with the other hero. The way to fix the dying would be to let the one unit die, then switch him at revival. To remove the extra hero icon, i think changing his team to neutral would work.

I'm still thinking of an item system. Only certain types of units will be able to carry certian stuff. there will be generic armor, but also armor fit only for light/medium/heavy heroes and corresponding weapons (bows and swords will be split also so that only archer heroes can use them and the heavy/light swords/axes also). The way i want to make it though would be to remove all the reg weapons on the heroes right now and when they have a sword, give them that weapon. This way weapons always look different.

that's pretty much my idea so when you get back,please answer.

Level 2
Ok, glad someone is doing the terraining. Lemme know when it's done.

Don't worry about the dragoon form ability, I will trigger it myself(I already have a simpler and less laggy solution involving research trees and dummy abilities).

I havent decided what faust's ulti is going to do yet, or Thor's Hammer, but I have finished Deep Freeze, Sirocco, and Splitting Sky, as well as his passive. I'll send you a test map once I have finished the other two spells.

For the dragoon form, the only thing I need is to have all of the abilities they will have while morphed classed as 1 level Unit Abilities(NOT hero abilities). I will then set up a group of triggers that will solve the multi-level meta skill issues through research groups and dummy passives(similar to the Scythian Maiden's Potnia Theron in ToB).

For the items I will need 5 types of items: Mainhand(slot 1), Offhand(slot 2), Helmets(slot 3), Armor(slot 4), Boots(slot 5). Slot 6 will be used for everything else.

Once I finish Faust I will finish up the item list and post it.

Level 10
you should be happy to know that we already have a rough draft for the terrain that's been completed within 1 6 or so (probably less) hours. I just have to transfet the info and we're good. Now all i have to do is finish the second bonus hero, and Zackwell as well and we should be good.

Level 2
I'll wait till youre done, just send me it then.

Edit:And if you could, please import haru's models this time, thanks.

Level 10
about that... It seems he did a bit of it wrong and now the entire model doesn't seem to want to work. All that shows is his head, sword and the spinny animation. I don't think we'll be using him until i get a call back from haru because he said to wait until after christmas. So i e-amiled him and am waiting to see if i get a response.

Level 2
K, just import what does work before you send it, dont worry about it if you cant get everything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.