• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Capture AND release system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok first off there is nothing in this to do with pokemon, yes it came to mind while i was makeing this and i got a HUGE lol out of it, but i want to make a item out of triggers that can do a few things like...

First use, for a empty soul gem
1.)captures the selected monster/enemy (dosent have to be hero)

after the first use i want it so that the gem can recall the soul from anywhere on the map, but it can only be summoned within a 150 range. and obveously if its WAS a enemy unit i want it to be a friendly unit. Please and thankyou in advance for the help.

anyone who successfully helps get +rep

Level 3
meaning a 150 range from the caster, no matter where the caster is.

Would it be ok if it puts the unit adjacent to the caster? I'm not sure how to work in the range.

Level 3
meaning a 150 range from the caster, no matter where the caster is.

Yep, no matter what

Would it be ok if it puts the unit adjacent to the caster? I'm not sure how to work in the range.

Umm, adjacent? Sure, and range probably could be set manually with the spell if i tinkered with it a little.

And thank you for Taking the time out to do this.

Level 12
Make 2 soul gems,1 empty and the other is a soul gem with a captured creature.Then add a dummy ability to the other gem.
  • Capture
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Empty Gem Spell
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Capture Unit(Make a variable for this))
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Owner of (Casting unit)) and Change color
      • Unit - Hide (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Soul Gem(Empty))
      • Hero - Create Soul Gem(Captured) and give it to (Casting unit)
  • Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Other Gem Dummy Ability
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Captured Unit) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) at (Position of (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Unhide (Target unit of ability being cast)

It just came to my mind,it might need some tweaking,lemme know how it works.

Last edited:
Level 3
A non hero unit can not be hero revived. This could cause problems.

What if you set aside a small space of the map to store a unit that has been captured? So after hiding the unit you would also have a unit - move unit instantly to (region)

Then, for the summon you could just put this as the actions to the unit group

• Actions:
    • Unit Group - pick every unit in (region) and do actions
      • Unit - show (picked unit)
      • Unit - move (picked unit) instantly to (position of (casting unit))
you can also set it so the unit is summoned with a timer:

• Actions:
    • Unit Group - pick every unit in (region) and do actions
      • Unit - show (picked unit)
      • Unit - move (picked unit) instantly to (position of (casting unit))
      • Wait- X seconds
      • Unit - hide (picked unit)
      • Unit - move (picked unit) instantly to (region)
Does that work? I'm on a time crunch at the moment so I'm not sure if the bugs are worked out.

Level 12
What if the unit dies?It'll be lost forever unless theres a revive trigger.I dont know if he wants the unit to be for one-use only,or to summon it as much as he wants.And i think that a regular unit can be revived this way,i did this in some of my maps.Ill test it though.

Level 3
Well, yes it would be lost forever, but the point is that you dont want it to die, and yea it should be a hero so that wouldent be a problem though

Level 3
hmmm... but what if the units still alive? can you revive a living unit? Perhaps the "Hide unit" should be changed to "Kill unit", that way, the revive will work every time.

also, if they need to go away after X time, you would need to kill them again. So this would mean that you would have to set up some special conditions if you have a kill count trigger. I'm not sure how you could set up a penalty for it dieing if you did that though.

Level 3
hmmm... but what if the units still alive? can you revive a living unit? Perhaps the "Hide unit" should be changed to "Kill unit", that way, the revive will work every time.

also, if they need to go away after X time, you would need to kill them again. So this would mean that you would have to set up some special conditions if you have a kill count trigger. I'm not sure how you could set up a penalty for it dieing if you did that though.

Also, no time limit on summoning, i sorta visioned it as you can summon it, then unsummon it whenever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.