• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Can you give units an ability that doesn't appear on their menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm interested in making a "cold-arrows" type ability that lasts for .01 seconds longer than my basic units attack delay (1 sec) but i don't want the ability to take up another precious slot. I plan on bestowing this ability to every single unit that has an attack in the game, so it's not unique to any of them, but i don't really want it to appear as an ability on their menu. Is there any way to make an ability Invisible? (So they have it, but you don't know it?)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, simply use a hidden spell book.

You basically put the ability inside a spell boot. You then disable the spellbook ability for the player. The ability will still function (not sure about active but passive definatly) and will be totally invisable (unless it has a buff which can still be seen but no ability slots are used).

Level 4
Great! Thanks a ton! i don't know how to "disable the spellbook" for anyone but i'll dig around and if i have issues i'll pm you.

Level 19
For Each A integer from 1 to 10
Loop Actions
Player - Disable ability for player -> Disable <spell book> for Convert Player Number to Player -> Integer A

Status
Not open for further replies.