• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Can someone help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I really need help making a save / load RPG. Is there anyone here smart enough to help me do this? If it helps, I'm making a Kingdom Hearts RPG.
So, If anyone can do this then please make a post here. I really need this help and I would really appreciate it if you would help me out with it. Anyone will do as long as they know how.

TY In Adv.

-DarkKeyBlde

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Save / load is basic text converting systems that convert data into an encrypted text string with decent efficency.
Something as simple as " 1150Dr " can be a save code which when imputed into a loader engine outputs the hero type 1 at lvl 150 but only for the player begining with Dr as the firs to letter. such save systems are easy but too easy to hack by noobs (pros can hack ANY save system trust me I have hacked dbz supreme, swat am, meat 2. . .(For research. . .)). More advanced code generators use a player name check sum which generates a number (often 2-3 letters) from a player name making it harder to load with a different account, randomization which changes the code to something random but with the right enterperator can convert it back (kind of like encryption), and advanced data storage where numbers are reduced and compacted and mixed with other numbers to make more efficent storage ( like a boolean var and a ability lvl could be fused to use only 1 diget like " V "could represent 19 which could represent a true and a 9 intger)
Making a code system is trial and error with you knowing atleast what will and will not work (trying to store a number tat can range between 1 and 999999 in 1 letter is impossable).
Just remember what ever you do to the save method you must undo in the load method.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
. . .
Requesting a deprotected map tsk tsk tsk.
1. Read rules
2. Who said I had to unprotect or hack any map to crack the save systems?
3. I made a map with the extracted code system but I am not willing to hand it out anymore since someone used it to make a proper code gen.
4. Handing out an unprotected version of a map (if I had one) to someone I do not know is against morals since I can not be sure you will not modify and change it and call it your own.

If you need a save/load system try a map like wars of warcraft (wars of azeroth) which is unprotected and contains a save/load system.

And anyway the DBZ supreme code system was lame and usless since it was badly made and not very efficent.

Level 3
To tell you the truth I respect save/load maps. I really do know the time and intelligence it takes to make one. So what I'm saying is I respect whoever made the map and I ONLY use other maps for research. I have NEVER taken a map that was not mine and changed it and called it my own. So is it possible that you can get me a unprotected save/load map for research?

Level 4
yes resource is down do to that service delay thing thats been going on

Well you could wait couldn't you? Save/Load is usually a last minute thing, unless your map is done. :thumbs_down: If it is you could just release a beta and see if people want a save/load system in it, because in some maps people don't even like them.
P.S. If wc3sear isn't shut down yet you could find a link to it and snoop around there, might find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.