• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone find the error in my trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well don t judge me I only started this a few days ago and I really want to learn it.If you know a better way I could do this please post it instead. Help.JPG

Level 25
Firstly, you can post triggers on the forum by right clicking your trigger -> copy as text, and pasting it here inside
  • tags.
  • Now on to the trigger.
  • You have way too many conditions in there.
  • [IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117079&stc=1&d=1345491108[/IMG]
  • Remove the conditions as in this picture, and mode the contents of the "Then - Actions" into the trigger itself.

Attachments

• trigger.png
    trigger.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 237
Level 2
I followed your instuctions but it still isnt working well. The unit transforms into the swordman but not into the archer and if I remove the conditions you suggested the unit splits into an archer and a swordman.I spend a few hours trying different things to fix the trigger but it all ends up the same either the trigger has no effect or the split thing happens.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - Villager 0014 <gen> Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-class of Bow 0001 <gen>)
          • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-class of Iron Sword 0002 <gen>)
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of Bow 0001 <gen>)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a (Unit-type of Sylvanas Windrunner 0017 <gen>) using The new unit's default life and mana
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of Iron Sword 0002 <gen>)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a (Unit-type of Swordsman 0016 <gen>) using The new unit's default life and mana
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Level 2
Hmm If I am not mistaken you should remove the first conditions so its like:

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of Bow 0001 <gen>)
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a (Unit-type of Sylvanas Windrunner 0017 <gen>) using The new unit's default life and mana
      • Else - Actions
        • Do Nothing
      • If - Conditions
        • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Item-type of Iron Sword 0002 <gen>)
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a (Unit-type of Swordsman 0016 <gen>) using The new unit's default life and mana
      • Else - Actions
        • Do Nothing
I hope I helped :3

Level 29
Remove those first 4 conditions on posted by rulerofiron99 and...

This is better...
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
          • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.