• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Camera and attack range questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok well I have two problems that are keeping me from progressing on my map.

To start off I'll explain that I'm using a trick to make my map seem larger than it really is. For the space section I've scaled everything down to quite extreme measures. That includes my camera. I have my camera zoomed in to 0.77, works fine and all. However, it cuts off a rather significant portion of the right and left parts of the map. At normal zoom I can see just fine, but when super-zoomed in it's like hitting the camera bounds, which seem to be a dozen more units further than they're suppose to be. I'd really rather not re-arrange the entire map, hard enough fitting things properly as it is. So anyone know how I might fix this?

And, before anyone says anything, yes this is necessary to fit everything I want. It's a strategy type map and those you need big theaters of war for, especially if you're including both space and ground. So zooming it out really isn't an option.

The second problem is part of the extremely small scale I'm working at. My weapons all have far too great of a range. If I set a weapon range at zero, the lowest it can go, it still let's my ships shoot across half a solar system. That's way way way too far for what I need. Is there any sort of trick out there to reduce their firing range below zero? Anything at all?

Thank you in advanced for taking the time to read this.

Level 9
regarding to you zoom problem: zooming in you have to set the camera bounds of the map to make it a bit smaller, easy trigger thing or i got something wrong.

about your range problem. i don't think that you can fix this. all stats relate to the standard range, there are no smaller scales to work with. you can't even calculate it because you have no references to work with.
maybe but just maybe if you are lucky you can check if the units are in the camera field, maybe that could work but chances are low. you could always use a dummy player, set it's camera and check if it fits but no clue if that works.

Level 3
Thanks, I fixed my camera issue, however after reading your post and seeing many other replies I've given up on the range. I'll just have to scale it up a bit. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.