• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Buy/recruit a hero with an item? (And more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey all, lazy leecher extraordinar here, I come here with another question.

I was playing Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II (RTS game based off Lord of the Rings, much more typical then WC3 in gameplay), and I ran in to something I thought would be interesting if it happened in WC3.

In skirmishes (Equiv of Melee Game in WC3) on there, there is an option to turn "One Ring Mode" on, basically somewhere on the map there is an enemy hidden that drops the ring upon death (Look it up on Wikipedia or something if curious, this isn't a Lord of the Rings topic), which you then take back to your fortress (Where you make heros, so an Alter in WC3) and can summon a godly powerful (Often game finishing) hero with it. If someone who holds it (Whether it be the summoned hero, or just someone returning it to the fort) dies, it drops.

So I was curious, anything like that possible in WC3? I mean getting an item that drops off a special creep or something, having a hero take it to your alter, and summoning a special hero by using it? (Obviously there would have to be some tech tree requirements as well, couldn't have something like that happening early game) and it dropping upon death. I was kind of hoping to do something like...

Human - Summon Midevh
Orc - Summon Gul'dan
Undead - Summon the Lich King
Night Elf - Summon Cenarius

I am not too great at making maps and it seems hard and I don't even know where to begin : / Before any serious response, I just want to know if it's even possible to do something like that.

Level 3
Yes, it is possible.
First, edit you altars to have ability "Inventory Hero"
Now lets say that the ring is... Ring of protection.
And when you have the ring, just place it in the altar.

And here is a trigger example. Tested and it works.
  • Human Example
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Acquires an item
  • Conditions
  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Altar of Kings) and ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of Protection)
  • Actions
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
  • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s stand work animation
  • Wait 60.00 seconds
  • Unit - Create 1 Medivh for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degree
  • Animation - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
And just change the condition and unit - create for each of altars

Level 33
LOL why did you create a separate trigger ?
When you can copy it all into one ?
Press the "Copy As Text" on the Trigger Name
Your trigger name is Human Example, right ?
Right-click on that writing and choose the "Copy As Text" and paste it
A more readability trigger :)

On Thread:
I've made a test map
Try it and give a comment :)

1. Kill the murloc (it can be revived for multi-testing)
2. Take the ring
3. Choose your Altar
4. If you enter the Circle of Power, your ring (1 ring removed per enter, so if you have more than 1 ring at a time, you can enter and leave, repeat the same method (1 ring = 1 Hero, so if you have 3 ring, enter leave enter leave enter leave, you will get 3 Hero, each spawned at the same location with different time)) will be removed
5. Wait for 5 seconds (can be adjust value for the "call TriggerSleepAction(5.000)", adjust the "5.000" that means 5 seconds)
6. After 5 seconds, a Hero will appear at respective presented ring altar

Attachments

• Simple Trading Unit With Item System.w3x
    16.3 KB · Views: 37
Level 5
Wow, that works great, another question (Sorry), can it be triggered so that the summoned hero starts with the ring. So if the enemy manages to kill the godly OP hero, they can then take it and (Attempt) to return it to *their* alter and get their own OP hero?

I am fairly sure this can be done seeing as hero's start with the scroll of town portal. I am just extremely bad at triggers, really really bad...

Oh forgot, OP hero can't get rid of it unless killed : / would be a little sad dropping it then taking it back for another.

Level 33
Just use the Action "Hero - Create Item For Hero" and refer that summoned unit as (Last created unit)
The ring itself (in the test map), is droppable, I edited it in Object Editor so you can just merge/export it to another map easily

All the item setup can be changed/edited on the Object Editor like the item can't be dropped, but drop if user dies, you can change that in Object Editor

Level 5
I apologize for the delayed response (Damn RL), thank you very much for the help. +Rep to those who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.