• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bugged Spell : Glaive Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well vacation time = time for a spell! But I've got a spell here that is a little bugged. I hope some of u guys can help me out ;)
Let me first explain what it does :
The spell created 8 glaives arround the hero, Each glaive will move to the hero and after a time the glaives are forced to fly in different directions. Now my problem is the glaives ain't move in the direction where they were created.
Here are the triggers wich could help :

Code:
Glaive Cast Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Glaive Massacre 
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
        Set TriggeringUnits[1] = (Casting unit)
        Set Points[10] = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 45.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[11] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[1] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[1] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 90.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[3] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[2] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[2] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 145.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[4] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[3] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[3] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 180.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[5] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[4] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[4] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 220.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[6] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[5] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[5] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 270.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[7] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[6] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[6] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 320.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[8] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[7] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[7] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Unit - Create 1 Unit 1 3 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 400.00 towards 360.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TriggeringUnits[9] = (Last created unit)
        Set Points[8] = (Position of (Last created unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[8] using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Unit 1 3) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To Points[10]
        Wait 1.25 seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[10] using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[11]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[3]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[4]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[5]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[6]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[7]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[8]
        Unit - Add Movement  to TriggeringUnits[9]
        Unit - Add Glaive Damage  to TriggeringUnits[11]
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[11] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[3] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[4] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[5] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[6] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[7] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[8] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Unit - Set level of Glaive Damage  for TriggeringUnits[9] to (Level of Glaive Massacre  for TriggeringUnits[1])
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[10] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\ReplenishManaCaster.mdl
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[10] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\ReplenishManaCaster.mdl
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Points[10] using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[11] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[11]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[3] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[3]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[4] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 145.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[4]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[5] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[5]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[6] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 220.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[6]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[7] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[7]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[8] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 320.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[8]
        Unit - Order TriggeringUnits[9] to Move To (Points[10] offset by 50000.00 towards 360.00 degrees)
        Unit - Add a 8.00 second Generic expiration timer to TriggeringUnits[9]

I hope someone is so good to help me out with this ;)

Level 2
Well, one thing i have noticed with triggers and special effects is that whenever i made a special effect happen after a wait action it never happened... i'm not sure if i was doing something wrong before but i haven't really tried again. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.