• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNtikitotem3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Jungle Troll Tiki Mask Voodoo Totem Witchdoctor

Keywords:
Jungle Troll Tiki Mask Voodoo Totem Witchdoctor
Contents

BTNtikitotem3 (Icon)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well well well... As THW's resident Troll fanatic, let me welcome you (back) to the fold. : )

How exciting! We so rarely see quality Troll icon-makers; this (& the blue one) are a real treat! In fact, I might have just the place for it (the two together look like they'd be a great "Adept-Master Caster lvl upgrade" icon-set), except...

Well, I'm no artist, but I have studied Wc3 icons for a long time. And let me just say that while your artistry is fantastic (really detailed, good colors, etc), it doesn't strike me as particularly "Warcraft-y". Warcraft icons tend to be heavy on the thick, solid colors & strong, high contrasts so they stand out & are recognizable as tiny from a distance. These are instead somewhat dark & muddled (in part, I'm sure, due to the brown used for the wood; not sure how to fix that honestly, since wood is what makes sense), and I worry about how they'd look in-game next to other icons.

If you're not sick of working on them, I'd love to see your take on that. Either way, thanks for sharing! : )