• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

BTNsword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
its good for upgrading swords or weapons

Keywords:
attachment, sword...
Contents

BTNsword (Icon)

Reviews
23:34, 14th Oct 2009 enjoy: lacks shading and proper highlights, background is lacking, and quality overall. A good idea would be, to go check the tutorials.

M

23:34, 14th Oct 2009
enjoy: lacks shading and proper highlights, background is lacking, and quality overall. A good idea would be, to go check the tutorials.

Level 8
It lacks shading, highlights, a better background, effects. The shape of it is weird and it's really pixelized and overall poorly drawn. Actually, it looks like a doodle, not an icon.

1/5. I can't even imagine this being accepted, no matter how severe changes you make.

It lacks shading, highlights, a better background, effects. The shape of it is weird and it's really pixelized and overall poorly drawn. Actually, it looks like a doodle, not an icon.

1/5. I can't even imagine this being accepted, no matter how severe changes you make.

don't be so negative. this icon needs a lot of improvement, this is true, but explain to the artist WHY it needs the improvement. not, GTFO NOOB YOU CAN'T DO ICONS!

OnTopic.
Yes. this could use plenty of work. First and foremost, this needs even BASIC shading. The blade is the right shape, and it looks ok, but it still needs some of the basics.

The hilt looks like a bit of a random scribble in a brown blob. Try to add some detail to the hilt to make it more artisic.

Lastly, Fix that BG. Random grey scribbles don't nessicarily look that good when it comes to decent art. Try making it more exciting to differ it from other sword icons that we have on the hive.
(this applies to your bloody one as well.)

1/5. This needs a bit of work. But keep trying.

~Dentothor

Level 8
Well, it wasn't really GTFO and stuff, that's only in my sig, because i find it funny :D
I admit my comment was a bit... you know, aggressive, but i was in a bad mood, and you can't just upload thing like this. He should have asked for tips and opinions on the texturing forum, IMO. It's a good idea to do that for you're first few resources.

Dentothor mostly explained what it lacks, but other then that, if you look at the edge of the blade carefully, especially the parts closer to the hilt, you'll notice it looks... rigged. Is that just the low quality of the image, was it suppose to be barbed, or something? That's what i referred to when i said "poorly drawn", i might have been wrong.