• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSteelCuirassFinalLightened

Reactions: The Panda
100% Freehand attempt at an Armour Cuirass after not being able to find one on here that fit what i wanted. (I even have WIP's to prove incase, not that it's so amazing it doesn't look freehanded lol)
Hope you like it :) Please rate!

Updated: Noticed the border seemed a little funny at the bottom.

Updated: Loads of changes made.

Updated: Chain lightened.

Keywords:
Armour, Armor, Steel, Iron, Cuirass, Chest, Plate, Chestplate, Cape, Red, Silver, Grey, Gray, Cloak, Item, Items
Contents

BTNSteelCuirassFinalLightened (Icon)

Reviews
13th Jan 2010 Pyramidhe@d: An interesting armour icon.

M

13th Jan 2010
Pyramidhe@d: An interesting armour icon.

Level 6
Yeh I had a glow before but took it out as I didn't think it really fit with it just being a pretty low level item. I'll do one with and post a screenshot of it?
Also by red your meaning on the cape? And by chest do you mean the top plate part or the mail underneath?

The part of the cape that is fixed on the shoulders looks to shiny. Either add shading on the other parts of the cape or remove it there. And maybe you could center the armor a bit more.
looks very realistic, but the first time you see this icon, it looks a bit mishapened because the shoulder guard could work as chest armor too, wich gives a wierd impression of the body shape this armor is for.

Level 6
So do you mean the gold fixings or the cape itself over the shoulders? as it was meant to be trim but if it looks odd I'll darken it up.
And can you be a little more specific with how it looks mishapen? I see it different to you as I drew it haha so it makes it a little hard to understand it from your eyes.

Level 6
WIP's, the only ones I could find.

Edit: Want more WIP's of the new updated icon being made?

Attachments

• ironcuirassfullsize.psd
    72.2 KB · Views: 80
  • BTNSteelCuirassChanges.psd
    56.1 KB · Views: 73
  • BTNSteelCuirassChanges2.psd
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
  • BTNSteelCuirass.psd
    53.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: