1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNShoulderPad

Submitted by The Leader
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Description:

"Being prepared for footmen means: having a strong will, open mind, well trained body, a good sharp sword and quality armor. These brave warriors can fight without a basic equipment, but they are more exposed to danger and quick death. After that only bravery and will remain as a former image of their selves. So that's why they have armor on them."

Feel free to comment, whenever you can, to give ideas, as it would help to improve the icon and make as it should be.

Enjoy!

[​IMG] > [​IMG] > [​IMG]
Contents

BTNShoulderPad (Icon)

Reviews
The Panda
[+] Enough changes provided, Could be useful.
  1. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can I see a big picture of this? Just clarifying.

2. The Leader

The Leader

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Of course.
    BTNShoulderPad.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  3. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Instead of outlining in black maybe try a light brown or dark brown? Also, give it more curve, it needs to go on a shoulder so make it seem like its already on a human shoulder but it really isn't and make it curved that way. Clean up the black and white shading on the middle and bottom part of the shoulder metallic area, add some scratch's and sword marks making it seem like this has been through war. The bottom half of the shoulder throws me off a little bit, I keep thinking this is a gauntlet or metal gloves, so for the bottom half I would make it not so long and maybe add some designs/symbols on it.

4. The Leader

The Leader

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hmm, it'a actually a good idea ty, but i have redone icon, as i thought that this is too bad drawn, like i did with axe. I think that update is better than previous version.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, I think the first version was much better if you just do The Panda's suggestions. The shape of this version is a bit better. Maybe apply this shape for the first one. I think the first one was much more accurate. It doesn't look metallic now. Just my thoughts, I'm not a pro maybe my words are wrong or..

6. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The thick black lines in the middle of the shoulder should be thinner and the shape needs reworked, please look at this example and go by that with shading and highlights. Example.

7. The Leader

The Leader

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    And again i hurried and forgot about some details, or with other words it needs to be reworked, as you pointed. Today or tomorrow will be update.

8. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Overall nice update, the shading needs to be smoothed alot better, right now it looks like waves of different hues of greys and blacks, smooth them out. Also, add some ribets towards the should pad that shows the welding process and hows it created like this photo.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  9. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [+] Enough changes provided, Could be useful.

10. Doomcore

Doomcore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Useful stuff.
    Can I use it for a Mad Max themed faction?
    :)

11. The Leader

The Leader

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yeah sure, you can use it. Don't forget to credit me.

12. Doomcore

Doomcore

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay :) Thanks.