• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSatelite

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A hand drawn icon of a satellite for use in modern warfare maps.

Keywords:
Satellite, Space, War, Communication.
Contents

BTNSatelite (Icon)

Reviews
02:20, 22nd Jul 2012 Apheraz Lucent: A great idea with bad execution. The main item on the icon, the Satelite, should be bigger and with more quality work when it comes to shadows and coloration. Some details, such as signal glowing lamp on it...

M

02:20, 22nd Jul 2012
Apheraz Lucent: A great idea with bad execution.

The main item on the icon, the Satelite, should be bigger and with more quality work when it comes to shadows and coloration. Some details, such as signal glowing lamp on it would make it stand out.
The earth tends to look more cloudy when viewed from that distance, take a look at some images online. It could also benefit from some color variations.
I would make the stars brighter with white glow, while reducing their count to get it balanced. Right now, the idea of perspective is killing the icon.

Rejected until updated.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Great idea but the white dots coming from the earth are a bit wierd and shouldn't be there.. I would make the white dots (stars) a little bit bigger. Lastly, i would increase the size of the satellite due to how small it is, so people actually know whats going on in the icon.