• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPotato

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Just a simple potato.

I know it's not that awesome yet I think it'll be useful with more vegetable icons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edition:
205128-albums7014-picture77679.png

205128-albums7014-picture77677.png

205128-albums7014-picture77829.png

205128-albums7014-picture78203.jpg

As moderator suggests, I made it lighter so that i won't be like a chocolate cookie. hahaha.., The preview of the last pic is a bit screwed because of the conversion to jpg..,

Keywords:
Potato, Food, Vegetable, Root Crop, Crop, Harvestmoon, Harvest, Gather, Plant, Garden, Human, Eat, MISC.
Contents

BTNPotato (Icon)

Reviews
23:39, 1st Jan 2014 Kimbo: Hi there, same with your other vege icons, I think they need to be draw in a program like gimp, it offers better tools and resources for shading. Atm its too flat, too plain.. I dont think it HAS to be into wc3 style, but...

M

23:39, 1st Jan 2014
Kimbo: Hi there, same with your other vege icons, I think they need to be draw in a program like gimp, it offers better tools and resources for shading. Atm its too flat, too plain.. I dont think it HAS to be into wc3 style, but it would be better if it was more iconic, graphic, popped out, stylized more. I think it also needs to be centered into the icons borders.

EDIT: ehh..better, but now its too brown and dirty. Maybe make it abit more yellow/brighter with the same shading etc so it doesnt blend into the background as much?

Sin'dorei300: No changes made.

Roland

R

Roland

Potatoes? potatoes? po..po...TATOES?! OH MAY!

Well, It's really perfect and lovely icon, but the problem is this Icon needs more shading and all of your Icons uploaded previously. I hope you can make it more better and I wish you can make more better, you made a great work, but needs more stronger shading.

Good~luck.

Level 9

Ahehehe.., Thanks again..,

The reason that the shading is a poor because I'm only
using Paint App. I don't have Photoshop yet and I don't
know how to use it. Then again I'll try my best to make
it even better and create quality icons.
:goblin_good_job:

Level 9
Shading and detail would add a lot to this icon.

If you're having trouble with programs, I suggest you try GIMP.
It's completely free and is almost as powerful as Photoshop.

Level 9
Done with the shading. Thanks to you all, I learned another thing or two about editing and making icons. Though my skills is not that honed, I hope the product is more acceptable now..,

I finally got rid of my lazy picture editing butt.
Again, Thank You..,

Level 8
Cmon guys why are you arguing over the shading of a Potato? XD

Its good, and sees some perfect uses if we have a BUNCH of these icons, like, Potatoes, Turnips, Pineapples and... , all drawn in THIS style, THIS shading, THIS art.

In my opinion EVERYTHING can create its own gender.

SO good job brother. keep it up! 4/5.

Level 21
I don't know what use may a potato have in Warcraft, perhaps a vegetable shop from which u can buy them to heal urself? Anyway, the potato looks good but obviously as every1 said it would be better with shading as it looks cartoonish. Meh, 2/5 or 3/5, better not to rate.