• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPoisonArrow3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi. This is my first icon i have ever made and uploaded to this site and i think i did a okay job on it.

I plan on hopefully updating it sometime to maybe make the arrow more rock or metallic like and maybe make a better background.

This is completely from scratch and also helpful criticism is appreciated.

Update: Changed arrowhead look, made it with a brighter gray, added a larger arrow shaft.

I can't figure out how i would make a droplet look like you suggested the venomarrow3 on the site has the droplet like effect, but i cannot replicate it. Also i cannot seem to figure out how to make the head seem more 3d.

Update 2: Fixed shaft by making it more center, added more shading to arrowhead. Will work on to try to add more detail to shaft.

Keywords:
Poison, Arrow
Contents

BTNPoisonArrow3 (Icon)

Reviews
09:20, 10th Aug 2009 zombie2279: Overall very very simple. Lacks definition, proper details and highlights, it looks like a gray blob with a brown blob added. I recommend a complete reworking, starting with the shape, make the arrowhead sharp and...

M

09:20, 10th Aug 2009
zombie2279: Overall very very simple. Lacks definition, proper details and highlights, it looks like a gray blob with a brown blob added. I recommend a complete reworking, starting with the shape, make the arrowhead sharp and realistic, then use highlights when coloring the metal parts. The glow won't be needed then.

Rejected until updated.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
-----------------
1.Looks a bit like a feather than a arrow.
2.If your going for an arrow, you might wanna make a long thick handle* part and then have the Grey part on your icon as the tip* But, in this one it seems the handle part* is very small. Increase the size of the handle and re-work the tip part a bit.
3.The poison needs some work also, try to make splotches or drips of poison coming from the arrow or on the arrow.
4.Details towards the arrows tip is important too, Make the shading seem like its rounded or 3-Dish, and add some color variation that would look like steel or metal for a tip of a regular arrow.
-----------------
(All my recommendations to your icon, you can choose to use these or not, your choice.)
Thanks, Army-of-pandas.

Level 12
Same thing with a icon wich was uploaded before - it looks more like a spear than arrow.
Fix this.
3/5.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
What im basicly saying it change the whole object and definition of the whole icon. I mean too change the overall look, make the arrow more like and arrow and make the details better. As said before, everything needs to be worked on as so. As of now the arrows tip is too big, and the handle of the arrow seems too be crooked, straighten the handle a bit and make the tip smaller. As of the poison, make it either dripping or on the arrow itself. If that doesn't help, please tell me.

Level 13
It's... bit misformed.
And blizzard made already something like this.
It's called "Envemoned Weapons".
I don't think this will be very usefull...