• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPitbeast

Reactions: deepstrasz
Pitbeast

Represents a creature from the pits of underworld.

do not edit my icons without my permission
Keywords:
Doom, Beast, Pitlord, Demon, Bahemoth, Giant, Titan, Destroyer, Golem, Summon, Strenght, Warrior, Anihilation, Great, Fortitude.
Contents

BTNPitbeast (Icon)

Reviews
17:21, 13th Sep 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
Level 25
This goes for both of your latest "creature"-icons;
Sure they are nice icons, but what usefullness do they have? I can tell right now that probably no one at all will use this anytime. As long as there is no model for an icon like this there is no use for it.

The icon-section here at the Hive is a place for people to find icons they need for their projects, not a place for you to show off your artwork. Use the 2D-art forum for that. There is no need for you to make icons of every character you create.

Sure they are nice icons, but what usefullness do they have? I can tell right now that probably no one at all will use this anytime. As long as there is no model for an icon like this there is no use for it.

The icon-section here at the Hive is a place for people to find icons they need for their projects, not a place for you to show off your artwork. Use the 2D-art forum for that. There is no need for you to make icons of every character you create.

This decision is one of the administrators.
If the icon was so useless, he would not be downloaded? Do you agree?

Level 25
Sure it is. This is just my opinion.
Surely it would be. People test it, people downloads it just because they think it looks cool. But I doubt it will ever be used in any map ever published.

Don't get me wrong though. You do have some skill in art, but I think you should keep this kind of works to forums, and not as icons. Create icons that is useful to the community.

Sure it is. This is just my opinion.
Surely it would be. People test it, people downloads it just because they think it looks cool. But I doubt it will ever be used in any map ever published.

Don't get me wrong though. You do have some skill in art, but I think you should keep this kind of works to forums, and not as icons. Create icons that is useful to the community.

I was not being hostile. =)
I'm just honing my skills. Putting my icons here to see what I need to improve and what I'm doing wrong, seeing the rate of approval.

You need to think more before you deem something as useless. This has good quality and looks very neat. If not used with a corresponding unit model, it can be used as an icon for abilities, items, or buffs.
This icon looks great, 5/5.

Edit: Since Elainiel insists on ignoring other possible uses for the icon, stubbornly pretending to be right, I'll directly state a few examples of possible uses for this icon:
An item such as a mask
An ability, with the icon representing the face of an evil god which you draw power from
An ability for a wolf using an evil powerup ability (which, when casting, would attach tusks to the wolf, causing it to fit the icon perfectly)

That's three uses right off the top of my head. Do not constantly smash someone's resource just because you are too slow to think of any use.

In my honest opinion, I would give this icon a 5/5 in terms of how it looks, a 5/5 in terms of how well it fits with other Warcraft III icons, and a 3/5 in terms of usefulness.
Something does not need to have 9001 uses to be accepted on hive. In fact, if this icon was created specifically for a model, as you claimed it should, it would have only one use in correspondence with that model.

Last edited:
Level 25
You need to think more before you deem something as useless. This has good quality and looks very neat. If not used with a corresponding unit model, it can be used as an icon for abilities, items, or buffs.
This icon looks great, 5/5.

Sure, we can just throw it on grom hellscream's model and use it as a taunt, or wait. I never said that it wasn't good quality or was'nt neat, but its usefulness is rather limited.

But since the iconmoderator's usefulness-requirements have been completely erased these days, I guess this can be approved as well. Maybe they should change the "useful-rating" to "decent enough quality in art".

This is the last message I'll write about this, I doubt Marcos want his icon full of these sort of comments.