• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPickPocket

I've been wanting to make this icon for a long time now, good thing i remebered it!
It's a pick pocket icon made that is supposed to illustrate a poor villager (male) getting pick pocketed by a hooded man/woman (gender unknown)

Programs i've been using: Magos, Button manager and GIMP

Update - new shading and stuff
Update - Made things clearer to see

Keywords:
Thief, PickPocket, Pick Pocket, Steal, Stealing, Nara-shikamaru, icon, action.
Contents

BTNPickPocket (Icon)

Reviews
08:09, 11th Aug 2010 enjoy: Maybe just a hand, which is a bit transparent like stealth mode or something, reaching for a small bag or something? 08:15, 18th Aug 2010 enjoy: Nice and useful.

M

08:09, 11th Aug 2010
enjoy: Maybe just a hand, which is a bit transparent like stealth mode or something, reaching for a small bag or something?

08:15, 18th Aug 2010
enjoy: Nice and useful.

I recomend you to change whole concept, because a lot of undeeded detail will just confuse people. Make it simple, like hand going to get in pocket, hand that already got an object from pocket and part of this object is still in the pocket. it you have better ideas, go for it.
And yes, try to make hand to looks like relaxed, because pick pocket is very sencetive thing (no I haven't done it by myself :p). Also it will get + to artistizm also.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Yeah, it is hard to tell someone is getting pick-pocketed here, you need to, first of all show someone is getting pick-pocketed and then have vibrant details so it all can be seen by everyone and so they can tell what is going on here. I suggest, having a man stand there like you have on the right of the icon, with his pocket visible. Then, have a guy as you have on the left have his hand in the guys pocket trying to steal something.

You chould do this or, just make a close-up of a pocket of a guy and have a hand going into it as a "pickpocket" then make a background of some kind. An example of a close-up is this, it has all what you need it a very small box.

-Army.

Level 13
Thanks for feedback, both of you! ok i will zoom in a little and make more details on the hands... but i won't do pockets... since i think that pockets don't fit warcraft... making a money pouch strapped to the belt will be more warcraft:ish and original. Thank you both for great feedback.

What i mean is that pickpocket doesn't have anything to do with pockets :)

Information From Wikipedia
Picking pockets without a person's knowledge and approval is a crime, a form of larceny which involves the stealing of money and valuables from the person of a victim without their noticing the theft at the time.

The reason i made it zoomed out is because i wanted it to look like the were in crowded place with a lot of people socializing with eachother.

EDIT: i will update after i get home from work