• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPetrify

Petrify/Stone Skin
125789d1369217607-btnpetrify-btnpetrify.jpg
125790d1369217607-btnpetrify-disbtnpetrify.jpg

Just a training

Keywords:
petrify, stone, rock, harden, stop, body, immobilize, immobilise, mobile, gray, defend, defense
Contents

BTNPetrify (Icon)

Reviews
02:01, 16th May 2013 enjoy: Awaiting update. 10:35, 29th May 2013 enjoy: I could not see that this was an arm and part of the torso, until you pointed it out in the thread below. I would like you to show more of the torso, so that it becomes...

M

02:01, 16th May 2013
enjoy: Awaiting update.

10:35, 29th May 2013
enjoy: I could not see that this was an arm and part of the torso, until you pointed it out in the thread below.
I would like you to show more of the torso, so that it becomes apparent what it is.
Also, it is very cartoonish, probably becuase of the black outlines you use. Try to define shapes with shadows, and just make them really dark out in the egdes, but use a thin stroke for the edges. That should make it look a bit more like the warcraft style.
The pose is very stiff. But I do not have an opinion on how you should position him.

16:44, 13th june 2013
enjoy: Might be useful.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
That's what I call an experienced artist. The reason why my icons are bad because I don't use computer as well as laptops because I'm confined at the hospital. I preferred my smartphone as my device to create those icons. So well at your icon, I agree with PeeKay's comment that It's quite ununderstandable unless you said that it is the arm of a human. 5/5 but improvements also may vary for your next icon updates. So keep up the goodwork!

You are looking at a human arm actually.
You see, I wanted to expose more of the body, but then I fear it would distract the viewers from the 'Petrify' part.

Nevermine, I think I'll expand the both the body part and the petrified part.

I see it now. You should include just a tiny bit more of the body. Like, literally, just a couple more pixels thick, just so we can tell its a body, not fire coming off of a stick that's been burnt to coal.

Still, I really like this icon, 4/5.

Well, if you already know what you are looking for, you can just see that in the icon.
If you don't, you will have a hard time figuring out what this is supposed to be.

The problem is that there's nothing that says "arm" at the moment.
One way to rememdy that could be to show some shoulder, and to define the abs.

Either way, this is some crisp shizzle. Keep up that style and quality.