• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNOldBook2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Description:
Can be used for gaining knowledge, showing quests, cast mighty spells, ...
Each icon got a size between 5 and 8 kb.

Set:
Part 1 - OldBook
Part 2 - OldBook2
Part 3 - OldBook3

Permission:
You are allowed to use this icon without credits.

Background color:
Just tell me if you need another background color for your map, I will edit it for you if you ask gently.

General:
There are way too less book icons on hive, I always wanted some more for my own maps.
Here we go! :)
Contents

BTNOldBook2 (Icon)

Reviews
I3lackDeath Awaiting UpdateDate: 2013/Mar/29 21:46:50 Reasons:Both of these upgrades don't feature significant changes. The only difference I can see, are the highlights on the cover (and those are minimal). Needs valid proof of original...

M

I3lackDeath

Awaiting Update
[tr]
Date:
2013/Mar/29 21:46:50
Reasons:
Both of these upgrades don't feature significant changes.
The only difference I can see, are the highlights on the cover (and those are minimal).
Needs valid proof of original content of your base version of this.​

Staff Contact

Level 28
Hmm.. the book is amazing but you gotta use more.. well, not so "shouting" colors for the background. And make the glow thinner.

BTNBookOfTheDead.png

Look at this book, it has that "shouting" purple color but it's sooo thin and only around the book, then comes the "atmosphere color" which is purple but way darker. Also, make it more like atmosphere, like, add something different in the background, not just the red glow which you get from the "Blurry" brush.

Another problem is that the book is too dark. I mean, it's too... well, hmm.. realistic. My personal opinion about icons is that they gotta have more contrast then a normal art should, like, lighten the edges, use very dark and very light colors. Actually, these "problems" aren't really that huge it's just that they make the person pay more attention to the glow and less to the book, since it's darker.

5/5 +rep, that's still really awesome ;D

(edit: urgh, damn it, I gotta spread)