• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNNecromancer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Spell/item icon made for the "Spellbook" Abillity
Class: Necromancer

Keywords:
Book
Contents

BTNNecromancer (Icon)

Reviews
11:18, 20th Mar 2009 Paladon: Not enough freehand content.

M

11:18, 20th Mar 2009
Paladon: Not enough freehand content.

Level 12
Do you give credit to Blizzard for the maps you make or play?
This makes no sense since the Blizzard do not support Warcraft Map Editor (it's written in the opening flashscreen). And it makes even less sense about "or play", where can you give credit when you PLAY map? In chat? Be serious...

If you are a stubborn person let me explain.
You clicked that little "yes" checkbox on the page for a submission, right? Then you agree that:

All icons must be at least 50% freehand created. Non-freehand techniques include mirroring, cloning (or brute cloning, as in clear copy-paste), recoloring, resizing, rotating and tracing.
Non-freehand techniques:
cloning
recoloring
resizing
rotating

You can carry your icon over the rules because:
Recolored versions of (author created) icons are allowed as long as they are made for certain purposes- such as potions.

but

If you partially copy-paste parts of your icon, mention the source or else it might be considered stealing.

So, follow the rules and your icons may be approved. I don't get why it's hard to read a few paragraphs before pressing "approve" buttons, however I am not against you so I am trying to help. You know, mods won't romp with you like I do, it's easier to deny.

P.S. Do people in Warcraft universe read backwards? I've just noticed it: the "main" image is on the back side of the book. :) Maybe mirror it?
Because in Warcraft books are "normal".
Example: the book of experience has normal orientation:
v4mrs3.jpg

This makes no sense since the Blizzard do not support Warcraft Map Editor (it's written in the opening flashscreen). And it makes even less sense about "or play", where can you give credit when you PLAY map? In chat? Be serious...

If you are a stubborn person let me explain.
You clicked that little "yes" checkbox on the page for a submission, right? Then you agree that:

Non-freehand techniques:
cloning
recoloring
resizing
rotating

You can carry your icon over the rules because:

but

So, follow the rules and your icons may be approved. I don't get why it's hard to read a few paragraphs before pressing "approve" buttons, however I am not against you so I am trying to help. You know, mods won't romp with you like I do, it's easier to deny.

P.S. Do people in Warcraft universe read backwards? I've just noticed it: the "main" image is on the back side of the book. :) Maybe mirror it?
Because in Warcraft books are "normal".
Example: the book of experience has normal orientation:
v4mrs3.jpg

Haha, no i did not copy paste more then just the Base to the images on the book, did the rest myself and the book is more then just 50% so i have freehanded enought for it to be approved, so i didn't use any existing images for the book.

Also i wasn't serius about that blizzard thing, i know you don't have to give give credit for the editor but why should you care giving credit for the icons? will they ever care about that or is it just all who reeds this post who care? decide for yourself.

Level 12
OK, write the sources in the description and not here (in the middle of the thread) then.
Also note that when you open the image you google it clearly says on the google frame on top that "the image may be copyrighted". So if the image is googled it still belongs to it's author.

I become tired arguing with you, either you do as I suggest or I don't care. I am really trying to help you.

Nah, drew it primary for one of my maps, took about 20 min for all of them so not so big waste of time, I see if they get approwed or not, if they to i mabey uppdate it, else I don't care, did put them up so other could use them, don't ask for cred for them either. hope they don't rmove them becouse then other can use them in need, Don't care about rep just like to help others

I'm about adjusting the rules to 51% and voila!
Honestly, freehand is something else in my opinion.
Too bad that my opinion counts.

:cry: Nooo, my life work... ok just 5 mins waste, well well if they not approve they thats how it is, hope all that already downloaded it have use for it, and if anyone that didn't can just ask me for it if they nedd it.