• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNNebula

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
my first fully self-made icon. this is kind of weird and abstract, but I don't pretend on some high rates.

Keywords:
star, space, cosmo, nebula, abstract
Contents

BTNNebula (Icon)

Reviews
20:45, 24th Sep 2014 Sin'dorei300: Cool idea! With some practice and inspiration u can get a nice icon on this theme. As already has been said by the other users, it needs more work. So, first of all, i suggest u to read the rules. I would...

M

20:45, 24th Sep 2014
Sin'dorei300: Cool idea!
With some practice and inspiration u can get a nice icon on this theme.
As already has been said by the other users, it needs more work.
So, first of all, i suggest u to read the rules.
I would advise u to google some Nebula pics for inspiration.
In the current state it looks pixelated and blurry.

Level 30
There is too much of white color in here. When Blizzard artists have done icons, they have used black as their base color. Black to outline. But when they have drew effects, they indeed have used pure white to outline, but they used it in massive amounts, and discarded any dark colors from the icon to make it really pop out, instead using a darker value of colors used in effect to outline the borders and effects, like in Blizzard icon, Breath of Frost icon, etc. Apart from that, the particles and energy bursts are too small to capture the attention, resulting in a big blob of colors.

Also, I'm not really a fan of symmetry in effects, it seems you duplicated half of your effect and mirrored it.

Needs more work :)