• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNLightning4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A lighning icon, useful for a spell. Remake. Added a purple tone and other changes.

Please constructive comments.

Give credits if you use this in your map

Keywords:
lighning,spell,cross,shock.
Contents

BTNLightning4 (Icon)

Reviews
13:16, 24th Oct 2014 Sin'dorei300: It shows an improvement compared to the first variant. But it seems that u haven't watched carefully enough those tutorials that i've recommended to u. Also, u could take a look at some real photos of lightning...

M

13:16, 24th Oct 2014
Sin'dorei300: It shows an improvement compared to the first variant. But it seems that u haven't watched carefully enough those tutorials that i've recommended to u.
Also, u could take a look at some real photos of lightning, it might help/inspire u.
Regarding the execution, the icon looks like a WIP.
All of the lines are about the same thickness, the same color, are too many and look somewhat unnatural.
U could use a wider range of colors to break the monotony and the execution should be smoother.

17:41, 3rd Nov 2014
Sin'dorei300: Awaiting update!

Level 24
I like but I've never seen a lightning that is just a straight pillar they most along the way separate and smaller pillars split of like in this image.

Lightning_hits_tree.jpg

Other than that I think it looks extremely nice.

Last edited:
Level 24
It could maybe be made to look a little better by making them thinner than the main lightning pillar by either making the main thicker or the minor thinner but it's in my opinion a good improvement.

Level 24
It looks great, really good work, I personally can't think of anymore big improvements that could be made.