1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNKukri

Submitted by GrapesOnDrapes
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A Kukri knife.

I was bored, and inspired by one of Halo: Reach's characters, Emile, I decided to make a Kukri knife.

This is my first ever resource, hope it gets approve! Please tell me anything that can be improved.

EDIT: Lower half of the blade thinned, notch added.

Keywords:
kukri knife killing
Contents

BTNKukri (Icon)

Reviews
22:42, 1st Dec 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Looks very cartoony with the black lines and lack of gradient or shading.
  1. 22:42, 1st Dec 2010
    Pyramidhe@d: Looks very cartoony with the black lines and lack of gradient or shading.

2. GrapesOnDrapes

GrapesOnDrapes

Resources:
    Resources:
    WIP Images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Kukri was 100% made by me, based off of this image:

[​IMG]

3. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The bottom half of the blade (closer to the handle) should be much more thinner. The Khukuri was made to cut through dense jungle, so it has a heavy top.
    I also read a bit of Wiki for this next part:
    "Kukri blades usually have a notch (kauda, kaudi, kaura, or cho) at the base of the blade. Various reasons are given for this, both practical and ceremonial: that it makes blood and sap drop off the blade rather than running onto the handle"
    So maybe you should put that bit on as well.

4. GrapesOnDrapes

GrapesOnDrapes

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I was noticing that when I was making it but I was having troubles making it look right, so I left it much wider, and as for the notch, I noticed that as well but seemed like it was a more personal touch of that specific blade.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll do those changes in the morning.

5. hashveen

hashveen

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Seems nice but the blade looks a little bendy.. and i agree with darkdeathknight about the thickness.. make it look more like the blade cause now it does look a little crooked.. but overall im sure it will turn up good~.

6. GrapesOnDrapes

GrapesOnDrapes

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand what you mean about it being "crooked and bent," because that's what the blade is supposed to look like, as seen in the reference picture.

7. FriendlyHost

FriendlyHost

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks very nice. Does not deserve a 2/5... deserves 5/5!

8. GrapesOnDrapes

GrapesOnDrapes

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks man, that helps :D

9. PeeKay

PeeKay

Icon Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Very low quality icon, make some better please. To make same icon needs just 2-3 minutes

10. GrapesOnDrapes

GrapesOnDrapes

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, but I'd appreciate your comment more if you'd explain why it is such low quality, and perhaps offer insight on how to make it better.

11. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Peekay, that's probably the WORST thing you could say to a skinner/iconmaker/modeller. I hate it so much when people say "this is bad", but don't say why its bad. How could somebody fix the thing you did not like about the submission when they don't know what you want? (I'm not picking on you only BTW, Im saying it to the general public)

12. FriendlyHost

FriendlyHost

Resources:
    Resources:
    agreed! :ogre_rage: