• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNKobold2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
7th icon and second of the Kobold upgrades
Next : Granite Pick (melee weapons) Mud, Stone, Granite armor (melee armor)

Also, I need names for the range weapon and armor upgrades

Again, dont distribute without my permission

This took me hours to make the lightings in the shaft.

Keywords:
Kobold, Earth, Pick, Mine, Mining, Stone
Contents

BTNKobold2 (Icon)

Reviews
15:58, 19th Oct 2009 Pyramidhe@d: the shading on the handle still looks a bit flat enjoy: more shading is needed.

M

15:58, 19th Oct 2009
Pyramidhe@d: the shading on the handle still looks a bit flat

enjoy: more shading is needed.

i'll just talk about all three of your icons here

after looking at your mud pick icon, which i really loved, i was dissappointed to see the decline in quality in this icon and the granite pick icon
the shading, especially on the metal handle is undefined and looks rushed or unfinished. on your mud pick handle, you put the wooden texture quite well but in this one, your representation of the steel handle was quite bad. on the granite handle, the rough texture makes the shaft look as if it was all bumpy and damaged
the edges in general are undefined, fuzzy and jagged where it should be straight. the smudged glow does not help either.
you should go for a clean crisp look you had in your mud pick. a pick is a hard solid weapon. not something insubstantial like cloud, fire or a smoke, not fuzzy and soft like a bear fur. it is hard and definite and your icon should represent that

i think with proper shadng, the handles whould look 3d naturally but i suggest you add some metal bands or somthing, like you did with strings in the mud pick, to enhance the 3d look.

talking aout shading, the handle on your mud pick lacks shading
you should also add a little colour variation on your granite

Level 35
I personally have trouble deciding the material, it looks like a piece of stone wrapped into paper. The head of the weapon is good, well shaded although it could be a slightly bit darker, depending on the level of stone-ish look you want to achieve. The shading of the handle however, is rather off. It seems to be a bit bent near the joint and doesn't look round at all, due to the shading mistakes it has. Otherwise, it's pretty neat.