• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNJormungand

Jörmungandr (or Jormungand) is a child of the god Loki. After the capture of her father, she was thrown into the great ocean sourrounding Midgard. Unfortunately, she found enough food to survive without being eaten by anything. And so she grew larger and larger, being now long enough to encircle Midgard and grasp his own tail. Therefor she was also called Midgard Serpent.
Of course, a monster of such a size has not many natural enemies. The only known threat to her are thunder gods. Thor encounters her twice. The first meeting was on a fishing trip with the giant Hymir. Thor caught her with a bull's head as bait and beat her with his terrible hammer. It would have been the last encounter if the frightened Hymir hadnt cut the line of Thor's rod, freeing the monster.
The strange thing is the fact that Thor had never in mind to do this a godd deed for the Aesir. He just wanted to impress Hymir who had questioned his strength. So after he saw how the giant caught two whales, he decided to make a REALLY big catch.
The next time the snake and the thunder god will face each other will be at Ragnarok. This time Thor won't be stopped by any scared spectator, but after slaying the beast, he will suffer a painful death in her poison.

Another addition to my pack. This time an 'evil' creature. Before demanding more detail, please note that this snake is 40,075.16 kilometres (24,901.5 mi) long ;).

Keywords:
Jormungand, Snake, World Serpent, Norse, Viking, Scroll, Rune
Contents

BTNJormungand (Icon)

Reviews
09:29, 11th Mar 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Interesting icon. Not really great but good enough

M

09:29, 11th Mar 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Interesting icon. Not really great but good enough

Updated the icon, less glow and scales. Before complaining that the scales are not visible, think over the dammed size of these icons. As you can see in the updated big picture, there are scales, really big ones for a snake of this size, so dont tell me there are none. Show me a icon with realistic visible scales and i will change it.