• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNHuntingKnife

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Was praticing with icons and this is the result.
Im very new at the icon section so suggestions about how to improve would be sweet.

Give credits if used in your map and do not edit without my permission.

--Changelog--
v1.0: icon uploaded
v1.1: minor changes, added glow
v1.2: stronger highlighs, more shape

Keywords:
dagger, hunting, knife, assassin, hunt, kill, sharp
Contents

BTNHuntingKnife (Icon)

Reviews
12:02, 5th Nov 2009 Pyramidhe@d: looks very poorly defined. make the definition between the blade and the handle more clear and also dont use flat colour. Ok. You've got the definition between the two materials. now what you need to do is make the...

M

12:02, 5th Nov 2009
Pyramidhe@d: looks very poorly defined. make the definition between the blade and the handle more clear and also dont use flat colour.

Ok. You've got the definition between the two materials. now what you need to do is make the knife look sharp. Not necessarily pointy but sharp. You can do this by giving the sharp edge a really good bright grey/white highlight. make the colour differance definite. You gotta show the colour differance to represent where the maker of the knife sharpened the knife.

Rejected until updated.

When i have decided the glow i will try to make some details, sharpen the knife and make it less blurry. Here is 3 quick glowes i did make. I personally best like the second but i dont know. Ofcause i will do the glows better and maybe also a different colours in the final version. I would like to know what style of glow it should be and then i will come back with an update later.

Attachments

• Variation1.png
    Variation1.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Variation2.png
    Variation2.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Variation3.png
    Variation3.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 52