• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNHugeaxe

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Big, ancient axe from the middle east...

Update: Changed the shape, removed the handle (Temporarily)

Update: Added a new handle.

Update: Made it look like an axe. Added metallic look.

Update: Background + Better "handle"

Update: Removed a few things, made axe thicker, changed shading.

Keywords:
Axe, Big, Weapons
Contents

BTNHugeaxe (Icon)

Reviews
10:28, 1st Jul 2009 zombie2279: It still looks rather empty and the shading is weird. Refrain from mirroring and add variative details, like scratches, gems, runes, writings, nails, figures or whatever and rework the highlights to make it look more...

M

10:28, 1st Jul 2009
zombie2279: It still looks rather empty and the shading is weird. Refrain from mirroring and add variative details, like scratches, gems, runes, writings, nails, figures or whatever and rework the highlights to make it look more metallish. It reminds me of a mushroom, I don't know why.

10:14, 3rd Jul 2009
zombie2279: Rejected until updated.

Level 9
Using that axe is a good strategy because when you go into the battlefield the enemy will drop his weapon to point and laugh. lol just kidding but you are going to have to make some big changes (or redo the icon)

- The blade shouldn't make a sharp point at the end since its an axe

- The part where the blade comes together with the hilt is MUCH too small, it looks asif you can break the thing if you hit someone too hard

- The design of the blade isnt really effective

- The Hilt and blade needs more detail and the hilt needs to extend beyond the border if you want to call it an axe

* Try to imagine yourself using the weapon you are drawing in a battlefield, that way you will know if the weapon is effective. Take your weapon for instance, I wouldnt choose that weapon because it has a blade tilted 90 degrees from the hilt that i am supposed to kill enemies with, it looks too light to strike a decent blow, and it looks just plain uncomfortable to fight with. I also have no idea how to hold the weapon to fight effectively since the hilt is so small and one powerful blow could cause my own weapon's blade to go into my hand or could cause the blade to detach from the hilt.

When looking for flaws in a weapon, imo if you find more than 1 flaw (1 is already almost too much) then the weapon should be redesigned

sorry but i give you 1/5 until updated

Edit : I saw your other icons and i feel what i have said here could apply nicely to them as well (especially the double blade)

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Damn -Stygian-
Anyways.

Review,
1:Blade end need to be sharper.
2:Handle needs to be wood textured or some type of texture.
3:White glow on handle needs to be removed. (doesn't go with the icon theme)
4:The 2 points coming from the part in the middle of the handle that goes out-ward needs to be reworked and resized.
5:More detail/decoration needs to be added.
6:Handle needs to be little bigger(longer in size) because i say this is that the blade part is big, so the handle needs to be big so you can actually hold it.
7:Shading needs working.

(All my recommendations to your icon, you can use these or not your choice)
Army-of-pandas

Level 14
Lol, i made this at 3am in the morning, i just wanted some ideas on what to fix on the following day, thanks every1 ill start working on it, btw this was originally a shield, that could explain the Shape of the main part. The handle was just a 2minute thing i added b4 sleeping. Today ill be away most of the day so it'll be atleast 2 days to fix this^^

Edit: I updated it and removed the handle until i can make a better, effective one, i just want comments on the actual top part. Is it decent enough? Comments? Recommendations?

Edit: Im gonna play some LoTR games to see if i can get good ideas or something^^ Maybe watch the movie again.

Edit: Added a new Handle.

Last edited:
Level 35
It still looks rather empty and the shading is weird. Refrain from mirroring and add variative details, like scratches, gems, runes, writings, nails, figures or whatever and rework the highlights to make it look more metallish. It reminds me of a mushroom, I don't know why.