• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNGreatWoodenShield

Reactions: deepstrasz
Represents a big/great wooden shield, old and slightly frayed.

204181-albums4594-picture62235.png

Keywords:
Def, Defense, Shield, Stout, Poor, Vanguard, Tarrask, Block, Nature, Forest, Bandit, Champion, Old, Ancient, Basic, Round, Blue, Wood, Spheric, Useful
Contents

BTNGreatWoodenShield (Icon)

Reviews
I3lackDeath Date: 2012/Oct/27 15:35:47 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons:Useful and well rendered shield icon with great wood texture. Comment: [tr]Approved Submission Rules

M

I3lackDeath
Date: 2012/Oct/27 15:35:47
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Reasons:
Useful and well rendered shield icon with great wood texture.​

Comment:
Approved
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Submission Rules

It looks good, but something's off. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it needs more shading on the top-right side, or something, I don't know. Maybe the metal part needs to be thicker, or wider. It just doesn't look quite like it would fit in with other icons in Warcraft III; the style is completely different.

Still, it does look pretty good, and I like the wood. 3/5.

Whereas you voted 5/5 in "worse icons", I won't valorize your rate.
Mainly because the things you say "lacking" are not lacking.

I'll just wait for the review of moderation. (♪♫ And nothing else matter...♫♪♫ - Metallica)

Because part of the usefulness factor of an icon is whether or not its style blends in with the rest of the icons in-game, not just the skill put into the icon. This icon would just stand out, and not fit in; the style is too different.

I'm not saying it's "lacking" as you claim. Lacking would be a 2/5. I'm just saying it's about average, a 3/5, and I don't see why you're upset with that. I even pointed out how you could make it fit in with other icons. While a thin metal border is realistic in real life, it doesn't fit in with Warcraft's generally exaggerated proportions of things, and it would need a thicker metal to fit in. You don't have to do that, of course, it's your icon, but don't be so upset just because I didn't give you as high of a rating as you wanted.

Last edited: