• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNGnollBloodlust

Another gnoll theme icon :), as requested by afew people. Here you go.

If you are interested in the PSD file, pm me and I will send it to you along with any of the recent icons I have made (just as long as its used as a learning resources or to remake/re-edit your own versions with permission)

Please credit Kimberly if used, thanks :)

GnollBloodLust.jpg

Keywords:
gnoll, bloodlust, blood, lust, rage, anger, angry, attack, aura, power, bite, scream, war, cry, warcry, pack, leader, alpha, crazy, insane, insanity,
Contents

BTNGnollBloodlust (Icon)

Reviews
19:56, 7th Nov 2013 enjoy: Looks great, could be useful.

M

19:56, 7th Nov 2013
enjoy: Looks great, could be useful.

Level 1
Even thought you could add up a little bit more of light areas, the overall appearance of the icon is nice.

However, the movement/positioning of the tongue is a little weird, and it seems that the blunt angle provided to make it lengthy, made it too lengthy and lost the visual appearance of the tongue.
All teeth could use some gradient light, as they appear quite pale and don't stand out in the icon itself, and they should. Try to make the eyes two little red light sources, reflecting just a bit on the fur, or add a new one over the head, or by the left side, or even in front of the character.
Try using some thin black lines on the fur and hair to make it look more realistic, you did a great job with colors.
And I think that the nose is shaded/lighted way too strong, meaning that the shading is too dark, and on the resized icon, it looks like a black smudge where a nose should be, giving an impression that the nose is actually positioned just bellow the eyes.

Other than that, you got some great skills in there, and the eyes look quite mean.

Level 45
Even thought you could add up a little bit more of light areas, the overall appearance of the icon is nice.

However, the movement/positioning of the tongue is a little weird, and it seems that the blunt angle provided to make it lengthy, made it too lengthy and lost the visual appearance of the tongue.
All teeth could use some gradient light, as they appear quite pale and don't stand out in the icon itself, and they should. Try to make the eyes two little red light sources, reflecting just a bit on the fur, or add a new one over the head, or by the left side, or even in front of the character.
Try using some thin black lines on the fur and hair to make it look more realistic, you did a great job with colors.
And I think that the nose is shaded/lighted way too strong, meaning that the shading is too dark, and on the resized icon, it looks like a black smudge where a nose should be, giving an impression that the nose is actually positioned just bellow the eyes.

Other than that, you got some great skills in there, and the eyes look quite mean.

Thankyou, taken into consideration :)