• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFrostBlade

A blade radiating cold.
Can be used to cause frost damage and/or add slow to an attack or perhaps even freeze an enemy completely.
For a more specialized use this could resemble a Death Knight's frost presence or cold mastery in general.

Now were at it. The frost effect could just as well be runes glowing and releasing energy. Imagination!

Update 1:
-Rotated and enlarged the sword. It now takes up a whole lot more of the icon

Update 2:
-Sharpened the icon to make the effect less blurry

Be a sugarpie and give credits if you use this resource in your project.

Keywords:
Frost, cold, winter, ice, blade, sword, edge, rune
Contents

BTNFrostBlade (Icon)

Reviews
13:39, 7th Jul 2014 Sin'dorei300: Cool(in both meanings of the word)!

M

13:39, 7th Jul 2014
Sin'dorei300: Cool(in both meanings of the word)!

looks really nice. i like this one. the passive icons just looks *delicious*

Thanks -Grendel :)
Yeah the borderless icon just looks better in some way.

I might make the frost swirl out more, so more of the black areas get's filled.
I just want to focus on the blade and not some fancy pancy effect around it :)

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
@Solu9 please do-not double post, simply edit your first post with "icon updated"

Furthermore, i really cant seem to see a sword here, its hard to make out.. i would remove some of the blue aura coming of the sword itself and show more of the sword and put in some places the blue icy aura. I like how the background is as it stands.

@Solu9 please do-not double post, simply edit your first post with "icon updated"

Furthermore, i really cant seem to see a sword here, its hard to make out.. i would remove some of the blue aura coming of the sword itself and show more of the sword and put in some places the blue icy aura. I like how the background is as it stands.

Yes thank you. The double post has been deleted.

I'm sorry you can't see it's a sword.