• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNflood

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Flood:
Unleashes a vast torrent of water, completely engulfing enemies in its wake.

Make of it what you will.

==========
Changes:
==========
-Increased contrast and shading of the hand (not dead-looking anymore)
-Increased saturation of the water (more blue)
-Increased antialiasing around the hand (less jagged, now)
-Removed some random highlights (how'd they even get there?)
-The thumb looks right, now!

Keywords:
water, tsunami, flood, tide, sea, ocean, river
Contents

BTNflood (Icon)

Reviews
23:32, 28th Jan 2010 Pyramidhe@d: You got a large image? Other than that, more definition on the hand and more contrast on the water. enjoy: Do as suggested please. :) Rejected untill updated.

M

23:32, 28th Jan 2010
Pyramidhe@d: You got a large image? Other than that, more definition on the hand and more contrast on the water.

enjoy: Do as suggested please. :) Rejected untill updated.

Level 7
The hand should look more hand-ish now. I think the problem was that I overdid the shading at the base of the thumb, and the angle was just off. It should look as intended, now. Perhaps it would work better if I simply made the palm face away?

@Pyramidhe@d: I don't actually have a larger image. I only made this at 150x150

flood.png

ohnoImdrowning.png
drowning.png

Last edited:
Level 7
The hands shape is wrong, his thumb seems offset? if you look at it. Also use stronger shading on the hand.

I can make that shape with my hand... Maybe I'm a freak? :confused: If it wasn't readily apparent, the palm is facing you.

Now he got a tan

I made it more skin coloured. It looked like a cadaver, previously.