• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFlatten

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
- Update 2 - Added more contrast and (hopefully) removed the blur.

- Update - Changed what had to be changed. I'm not sure if it really looks any better, though, but I don't know what else to do with it. So any suggestions for improving this would be welcome.

Made for a Tower Defense map I'm making. It's basically a bash ability for a cannon tower, or you can do anything else you'd like with it.

Credit would be appreciated if you use it in your map.

Keywords:
cannon, ball, flatten, goblin, ability, bash, tower
Contents

BTNFlatten (Icon)

Reviews
11:19, 30th Jan 2009 Paladon: Nice concept. The DIS versions of this icon should be darker, lowering the contrast is no solution. The cannon ball needs to be a bit darker as well, the ground should get a brown touch to define the goblin more. The...

M

11:19, 30th Jan 2009
Paladon: Nice concept. The DIS versions of this icon should be darker, lowering the contrast is no solution.
The cannon ball needs to be a bit darker as well, the ground should get a brown touch to define the goblin more. The goblin´s feet are looking weird since the toes are similar long without small spaces.
The colour of the background does not match with the concept, you should change that as well.

There´s some potential in here.

Level 30
Nice concept. The DIS versions of this icon should be darker, lowering the contrast is no solution.
The cannon ball needs to be a bit darker as well, the ground should get a brown touch to define the goblin more. The goblin´s feet are looking weird since the toes are similar long without small spaces.
The colour of the background does not match with the concept, you should change that as well.

There´s some potential in here.

Level 14
Ah, I accidentily uploaded the old ones again...
Well, it's been updated now, I hope you like this one and thanks for all the kind comments, people.

Hold on dude! its not done yet! :grin:

You need to fix the contrast of teh Icon, it looks far to gray and blurry.

I also have tested these Icons in my BLP Tools, and -they dont show! (!!!). And when I convert them to TGA., I get a blank document. I didnt run into this problem when I tested your old version of this Icon.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong when saving/converting. I saved these as 32-bit BMP and converted them to .blp using warcraft III viewer. The first ones I saved to 24-bit BMP. Both went blurry after converting.

- Edit - Okay, I read a few tutorials and I now know that I should've saved them to 24-bits. I couldn't find whether I should save them as bmp, jpg or targa, though. Does that make any difference?

- Edit 2 - Ugh, I can't get rid of the blur. It's got increased contrast and it's 24-bit again, though.

Last edited: