• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFlamingWhip1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A remake of Flaming Whip.
I still think it needs work but I would like someone to tell me what I can improve on this version.

Keywords:
balrog, item, fire, whip, moria.
Contents

BTNFlamingWhip1 (Icon)

Reviews
17:14, 13th Oct 2014 Sin'dorei300: I'm glad that u want to make icons, but for this u must read tutorials, learn and practice. Atm it doesn't look like a whip at all, it's too thick & short, it lacks texture and the flames need to be improved a lot...

M

17:14, 13th Oct 2014
Sin'dorei300: I'm glad that u want to make icons, but for this u must read tutorials, learn and practice.
Atm it doesn't look like a whip at all, it's too thick & short, it lacks texture and the flames need to be improved a lot.
The shape also needs a lot of improvement.
In one word, it needs more work.

20:49, 25th Oct 2014
Sin'dorei300: First of all, in order to draw all those details that have been suggested, u should use another format.
On 64x64 canvas, i doubt that u can succeed to put in value the whip's texture and flame details.
I picture a burning/flaming whip dancing on almost the entire surface of the icon, undulating flames leaving behind smoke, shouldn't be so much unused space.
Your whip looks more static than in motion.
The whip is long, we couldn't capture the entire whip and its details to remain visible enough, and yet in ur icon remains sufficient unused space.

Level 6
The flames are a tad ketchup-ish looking right now, you might wanna redo those and lessen the intensity a bit. Also if you'd take a closer look at flames 'n' fires then you'd see that there's more than just red as a color.

Line-of-Fire-for-car-hood%20flames.jpg

Thanks Heinvers. I am gonna rework them.

Updated.

Please let me know what other change should I make.

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Well for one, there isn't many whip icons on the hive! Ok, so i think the whip itself needs to be either a grayish color or some color other than black since the background is black and mess's it up. Also, yes the flames do need updated, usually flames have an aura and don't stop in one place like you have on your icon here. I would use up the unused black space in the background and make flame auras and some flames coming off the whip making it seem deadly. Me personally i would make the whip have leather instead of being just black and someone put lighter fluid on it and lit it on fire, yea know? thats just an idea.