• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFireSpellBook

Reactions: krisserz
I had an idea and did a quick search but couldn't find a firespellbook so I made my own.

I think it still needs work but do tell me what you think it needs.

Feel free to use and if possible give some credit.

Update: 1.Zoomed out and added background flames.
2.More zooming. Cleaned up the shadings.
3.Added contrast so that the flames and book separate more.
Also made book's pages more white.

Keywords:
SpellBook, Spell, Book, Ability, Magic, Tome, Fire, Flame, Red.
Contents

BTNFireSpellBook (Icon)

Reviews
13:01, 2nd Apr 2010 Pyramidhe@d: The yellow of the fire blends in with the paper of the book. Change the fire colour a bit or make the paper really white. enjoy: Nice shading. Might be useful.

M

13:01, 2nd Apr 2010
Pyramidhe@d: The yellow of the fire blends in with the paper of the book. Change the fire colour a bit or make the paper really white.

enjoy: Nice shading. Might be useful.

Level 13
Looks good, but add some more shiny colors, and a diffrent colored background.

Level 9
Yay, nice but I think background would be nice. Maybe make it flame colored like red+yellow+orange.
But it`s nice now too and may be useful.

There's hardly any space for a background. Do you think I should zoom out a bit?
And what kind of background effect are we talking about. More like an red,yellow,orange edge glow or same type dim background color so its not simply black.

Level 9
You could use a glow to add a "background". Zoom it out a bit, yes. The pages on the side are not really visible enough. This is a really too simple (it uses many default objects of Photoshop, e.g. fire and the shapes in general), actually, but, nevertheless, useful.

alright, however I'm not using photoshop. I use paint shop pro 10.

edit: Bahh... I just suck at drawing colored flames with computer. Hopefully I get some progress done.

Last edited:
Level 9
I made another version of a red tome. Should I upload this one instead?

Attachments

• BTNFireSpellBook.blp
    5.5 KB · Views: 106
  • ATCFireSpellBook.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 101
  • PASFireSpellBook.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DISBTNFireSpellBook.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 105
  • ATTFireSpellBook.blp
    11.2 KB · Views: 99
  • SSHFireSpellBook.blp