• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFireblade

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello!

I'm making icons from time to time, and i've noticed i never really doesn't do exact figures. So! I've tried to make a sword (exact figure) Engulfed in flames, first to make it look better, and to blurr it a bit up, so any small mistakes may be overlooked. This is, however, a classified option, as it would damage the reputation of my icon, so please don't read this.

However, i quite like how it turned out. Give credz if you use it! Don't modify without permission.

I'm also Colourblind, but don't pity me for it. Tell me what's wrong, so i can fix it. But! If it looks green, when it's flames, you know i didn't mean to do green.

Supertoinkz especially, but all you guys in the comments that want me to alter it!

Keywords:
Sword, flames, engulfed, immolation, immolated, fiery, fire, burn, blade, burning.
Contents

BTNFireblade (Icon)

Reviews
15:17, 12th Sep 2009 oh_snap: Reduce to blurriness of the background. The blade itself needs to have a more metallic feel to it, but the shading is properly placed, as it currently is. I would also suggest you add fiery runes to the blade itself...

M

15:17, 12th Sep 2009
oh_snap: Reduce to blurriness of the background. The blade itself needs to have a more metallic feel to it, but the shading is properly placed, as it currently is. I would also suggest you add fiery runes to the blade itself.

oh_snap: Rejected until updated.

Level 14
... It's not the weapon, the little dark groove is part of the sword. Dunno what it's called in english, though :/. My friend said the colours were okay, but i'm pretty colourblind... so i can't know. It's SO frustrating :/ Atleast, all colourblind'll think it looks okay ^^
I'm a bit colorblind too, i agree its pretty annoying :p. The colours are great, but you should make the sword more like a sword, nearly the same size as the fire glow, a bit smaller though.
Viking_sword_01.jpg

Like that, it looks like a wooden stick right now.

I use Gimp, so all the names of the tools are in my own language, so i don't know what they're called internationally ^^ But!, luckily, i were already working on doing exactly that.

Hey everyone! i updated it, helped by Supertoinkz words. Shaded the sword, yellowified the fire a bit more, used orange and red to make the flames too, ... wait a minute... just looked at it again... it aint yellow at all... is it???

Last edited: