• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNExplosionToss

------------------------------------------------------------------
Explosion Toss
Contents

BTNExplosionToss (Icon)

Reviews
San
San
Simple and clean. Please avoid updating your old icon into something wholly new in the future, conversations made won't make anyy sense and it confuses the viewer, upload them separately and delete the old one instead.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You know, I am not an artist, but I think this is too bright.
I also don't see an explosion, it looks more like opening your eye while looking into the sun.

Also, is it just me or is it a tiny bit blurry on the top right while being sharp on the left?
I am talking about the area around the bright yellow thing.

Maybe make it less... I dunno how to call it, less organized?

San

San

Level 32
As Shar noticed, some of your icons are overwhelmed with whiteness, that often leads to simplicity or even plainness. We've had the exact same debate on another icon of yours, the value of a simple ability icon are usually made up with eye-candy effect, which I think these icons of yours are still lacking.

San

San

Level 32
Simple and clean.

Please avoid updating your old icon into something wholly new in the future, conversations made won't make anyy sense and it confuses the viewer, upload them separately and delete the old one instead.

Well, not sure what's been improved from the previous version. Looks too simple to me. Ya can definitely do better than this because you've been mostly creating ability icons.

There is no objects, no details, which leads to cartoonish style. There is no emphasis due to the lack of proper contrast, no actual motion representing the beautiful movement of an icon. I see only some linework pulled forward, can't really connect this with any sort of subject, explosion here.

Perhaps that's just me, but surely you can do better! Still, it's moderated and I just thought it wouldn't hurt to express my opinion. Best of luck!

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Well, not sure what's been improved from the previous version. Looks too simple to me. Ya can definitely do better than this because you've been mostly creating ability icons.

There is no objects, no details, which leads to cartoonish style. There is no emphasis due to the lack of proper contrast, no actual motion representing the beautiful movement of an icon. I see only some linework pulled forward, can't really connect this with any sort of subject, explosion here.

Perhaps that's just me, but surely you can do better! Still, it's moderated and I just thought it wouldn't hurt to express my opinion. Best of luck!

i feel like your looking into it too deep honestly, if its cartoonish and it fits the style it shouldnt really matter, how much detail do you want? its a bomb being thrown and has a explosion at the end. Each person has there different style in what they make and i feel like this is good how it is, thanks.