• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDemonseal

So hello, I thought I'd begin to revive my icon skills. First of hopefully many more to come.
I feel a bit rusty, so feel free to point out my mistakes!

Apart from that; Enjoy!

Credit me if you use it in a map.
Don't edit my icons without my permission.

Updates: Enlarged everything a bit, and fixed the upper part of the bag.

Keywords:
demon, evil, seal, sealed, 4th seal, japanese, kanji, death, spirit, sack, bag, me, myself, the best, I, Miss, Lich Prince,
Contents

BTNDemonseal (Icon)

Reviews
15:18, 10th Aug 2012 Apheraz Lucent: Approved, but consider to make improvements with some changes others suggested.

M

15:18, 10th Aug 2012
Apheraz Lucent: Approved, but consider to make improvements with some changes others suggested.

Level 19
This is pretty useful, but honestly it could use a lot of improvement (In my opinion of course)

The bag and the chains doesn't look like they could contain a demon at all, they look puny and like they are easily broken. If I were to get a demon frightened, I would bring strong shining, perhaps golden, holy chains, and a bag that looks more important and magically than this - the japanese letter is cool, but it is not enough in my opinion. The bag should be made of white silk, with a golden letter instead or something like that.

The lights are coming from the bag, and the darkness is around it, giving the feeling that the demon in the bag is the holy one, imprisoned by dark forces around it. If you ask me, these colors should be reversed, with lights surrounding the bag and (as I wrote before) shining golden chains, and a bag that looks holy too, but with an unholy darkness coming from it

Just ideas if you're up for reaching a better quality. Once again, this is just my opinion, and please understand that this is constructive criticism. So far I'd give it a 3/5 score :)

Level 25
This is pretty useful, but honestly it could use a lot of improvement (In my opinion of course)

The bag and the chains doesn't look like they could contain a demon at all, they look puny and like they are easily broken. If I were to get a demon frightened, I would bring strong shining, perhaps golden, holy chains, and a bag that looks more important and magically than this - the japanese letter is cool, but it is not enough in my opinion. The bag should be made of white silk, with a golden letter instead or something like that.

The lights are coming from the bag, and the darkness is around it, giving the feeling that the demon in the bag is the holy one, imprisoned by dark forces around it. If you ask me, these colors should be reversed, with lights surrounding the bag and (as I wrote before) shining golden chains, and a bag that looks holy too, but with an unholy darkness coming from it

Just ideas if you're up for reaching a better quality. Once again, this is just my opinion, and please understand that this is constructive criticism. So far I'd give it a 3/5 score :)

Ooh I definitely see your points. It actually look more like a holy being trapped by demons rather than the reverse. But I could just change the name for that instead :p
And about the chains, well originally I wanted to add talismans and some magic glow to them, to make it look like they really are strong/enchanted enough to hold back a demon within a bag, though when I tried some different variations it mostly looked quite clutterish and became a bit too much detail for the icon. I could make it look even better in the big one, but the small one would suffer too much.

Thanks for such an elaborate opinion!

@you others, I'll try to make it a bit bigger, lets see how it turns out.

Last edited:
Level 30
Ooh I definitely see your points. It actually look more like a holy being trapped by demons rather than the reverse. But I could just change the name for that instead :p
And about the chains, well originally I wanted to add talismans and some magic glow to them, to make it look like they really are strong/enchanted enough to hold back a demon within a bag, though when I tried some different variations it mostly looked quite clutterish and became a bit too much detail for the icon. I could make it look even better in the big one, but the small one would suffer too much.

Thanks for such an elaborate opinion!

@you others, I'll try to make it a bit bigger, lets see how it turns out.

Edit: new:
2ly68t0.jpg
old:
icons_15532_btn.jpg
I think the bigger one look better actually, I'll update this one later today.

If you enlarge picture and make strong lines - small image of icon would be better for sure