• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNdarktrollberserk

Another ability used in my old Dark Troll campaign

Original:
z_BETA_BTNTrollBerserk.png

Keywords:
dark, troll, berserk, ability, shadow, blood, lust, hunger, frenzy, shadow, purple, red, rage, nerdrage
Contents

BTNdarktrollberserk (Icon)

Reviews
21:43, 25th Aug 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Recolour Useful
Level 3
Honestly, why was this approved? It's a flip of the original troll berserk icon; not even a recolor. If you don't believe me, open up your world editor and look at the berserk ability icon; it's basically a horizontal flip of this.

Wrong! :D The original icon which was recolored was the Summon Shadow Imp - or whatever is its name - icon from WoW. And just beacuse you don't find any use for this, it does not mean that it can't be usefull. If the rules allow to approve icons like this, than let it be.

Wrong! :D The original icon which was recolored was the Summon Shadow Imp - or whatever is its name - icon from WoW. And just beacuse you don't find any use for this, it does not mean that it can't be usefull. If the rules allow to approve icons like this, than let it be.

The icon from WoW was a recolor-flip. Blizzard can do that because they made the original.

This is a recolor of blizzard's recolor, resulting in it looking exactly like the original.

And stop overusing text colors, please... It doesn't make you any more important, it just makes your message look like radioactive shit.

Nice re-color. Seriously!
Not a single detail is missed... I like it!

3/5 , good job! ;)

I don't think you know what recolor means.
Recolor does not mean he redrew it with a different color, it means he dragged the hue bars over a bit to change the colors. You can't miss a spot with that, it's a full-scale change.

Level 12
If recolored icons may be approved, then what about those who really create something new and amazing, using their imagination ?
I wonder, is not somehow an injustice (to those who really have done something constructive) ?????
I do not find something special to re-coloring an image , all we can do that . If we do it, tomorrow would be waiting for approval hundreds of "work".
:thumbs_down:

Level 3
The icon from WoW was a recolor-flip. Blizzard can do that because they made the original.

This is a recolor of blizzard's recolor, resulting in it looking exactly like the original.

And stop overusing text colors, please... It doesn't make you any more important, it just makes your message look like radioactive shit.

I use green cause I like it, not to look more important. ( Not that this has anything to do with this subject ) But whatever. I just said that it was made from a different icon and that - at least in my opinion - it might be useful, end of story.

Level 3
I don't care what you idiots think, this is a useful icon. Recolored or not, you haters can go to hell.

This space below the icon where you can post your comments is made to tell YOUR OWN OPINION. And that means that some people may not find this icon useful, some may find it bad and some may find it awesome. But nobody has the right to say something like you said about the people who have a different opinion. And if you can't understand even this much, than I have some bad news for you sir: You are the only idiot here, sorry :thumbs_down: Have a nice day

Last edited:
I suppose I might as well post this link, since people don't seem to see that this icon has actually been recolored a SECOND time, resulting in it looking exactly like a flipped version of the original.

This is the original icon, path
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBerserkForTrolls.blp
In the RoC's War3.mpq

152739-albums4597-picture50728.jpg
icons_14240_btn.jpg

The left one is the in-game icon; the right one is this icon.

As I'd said before, this is a recolor based on a recolor, and it ended up looking like a horizontal fliip of the first icon, but with increased blur from all of the tampering.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a problem. If a recolor looks good, it should be approved.
It looks good -> Approved.

If a recolor doesn't look any better than the original icon that it was based on, then it shouldn't be approved, because you can already use the original icon. All blizzard icons will look good, so the qualification of a recolor needs to be more than good; it has to be BETTER than it was before. In this icon's case, it is a blurry, low-quality version of a blizzard icon. Compare the two side-by-side, which I attached above.

Yes, but TLI-Inferno, the reason this is approved is because it is /useful/

Having a blue skinned troll be the icon for a purple skinned troll . . . doesn't work. Why make a whole new icon when you CAN just make a recolor?

This, however, is a poorly made recolor. See how blurry his version is? Recoloring something takes half of a second, but it needs the same qualifications as any freehand icon: It has to be done well. A recolor that looks worse than the original is certainly not done well.